DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Well, I'm currently trying to automate the hazards on Pathfinder 2 Core Rulebook and it seems the new automations for PCROLL don't work on them. When you click on Apply all Effects it only removes the effect asking for saving rolls. Is this subject planned to be implemented soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Zieg View Post
    Well, I'm currently trying to automate the hazards on Pathfinder 2 Core Rulebook and it seems the new automations for PCROLL don't work on them. When you click on Apply all Effects it only removes the effect asking for saving rolls. Is this subject planned to be implemented soon?
    It was implemented, but there was an issue matching the ID reference to tie the save results back to the original ability.

A fix should be available in the update next week. Thanks for reporting the issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Zieg View Post
    With today's release this should now be fixed. Thanks again for reporting the issue.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...July-27th-2021
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    With today's release this should now be fixed. Thanks again for reporting the issue.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...July-27th-2021
    Yes

Thanks!

I've finally had some time to explore some of the new automations in Release 18, and have come across an issue where effects are being properly applied in an Offensive Ability of an NPC.

The damage is applied if I double-click "Stage 1", but not the named effect or the Flat-footed
    Clumsy effect is applied if I double-click "Stage 2", but neither the named effect or Flat-footed is applied.
    The named effect is applied if I double-click "4 rounds"

I've spotted a semi-colon in the "Stage 1" automation text which should probably be a pipe, but changing that doesn't correct anything.

Attached Images Attached Images

Surge: Where did you get that Anadi Venom entry out of? Is that your creation based on something I did or was that straight from one of the projects I am involved in?

For automation, a single line with the multiple piping to separate multiple applications isn't in. I will say, that's an interesting thought, though, for more complex applications of an instance. Trenloe will have to chime in to say whether or not it's a relatively easy implementation.

For now, what I have done in examples like the above is to create separate applications of items that have different "calls" (IE: Effects and Damage). When I put in a stage 1 marker, I put in the damage indicator as just a reminder that it's happening. So you'll see what you see above:
    "Stage 1"|Effect: Anadi Venom (Stage 1): 1d6 poison; Flat-footed[D:1]
    That'll apply the duration and the stage marker (#) with Flat-footed.

After that, I'd put in a separate line with the damage application:
    "1d6 poison"|Damage: 1d6 poison
    That'll then be clicked to apply the damage to the afflicted creature.

For stage 2, it would be similar, though the Clumsy and the Flat-footed can be combined with the Stage marker, so it would need only 1 entry:
    "Stage 2"|Effect: Anadi Venom (Stage 2): 1d6 poison; Flat-footed; Clumsy: 1[D:1]
    The damage application would be the same, so I'd let that be applied by using the Stage 1 damage entry.

Hope that helps!
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    I've finally had some time to explore some of the new automations in Release 18, and have come across an issue where effects are being properly applied in an Offensive Ability of an NPC.

The damage is applied if I double-click "Stage 1", but not the named effect or the Flat-footed
    Clumsy effect is applied if I double-click "Stage 2", but neither the named effect or Flat-footed is applied.
    The named effect is applied if I double-click "4 rounds"

I've spotted a semi-colon in the "Stage 1" automation text which should probably be a pipe, but changing that doesn't correct anything.

This is actually an issue in the ruleset code (FGU handling things slightly different from FGC where the code was developed). I'll look into it.

Thanks for reporting the issue.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 2nd, 2021 at 18:58.

Ah ha! I should probably pay more attention to updates and get my nose out of notepad++ occasionally I'll try to make some sweeping changes in the automation of the Bestiaries and APs I worked on once FGU gets sorted out.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Surge: Where did you get that Anadi Venom entry out of? Is that your creation based on something I did or was that straight from one of the projects I am involved in?
    It's from the NPC Renali in the Age Of Ashes Hellknight Hill module.

I found two automation issues in the Titan Centipede Venom of the Titan Centipede from Bestiary 2:

"Fortitude DC 28"|Save: Fortitude[DC:28]
    "6 rounds"|Effect: Titan Centipede Venom[D:6]
    Stage 1"|Effect: Titan Centipede Venom (Stage 1): 2d6 poison; Clumsy: 2[DC:28][D:1]
    [...]
    In the first line "Fortitude DC 28" is inconsistent with the text of the ability, which actually reads "DC 28 Fortitude", therefore the automation doesn't take.
    The third line is missing a quotation mark at the beginning, again causing the automation to not work.

Thread Information