FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: MGT2 v1.2.1

Hi MBM,

If you are doing up the task chain tool, perhaps some method to get it to work with the combat tracker? i.e.

Tactics goes towards planning
    Leadership goes towards getting everyone to follow the plan
    Recon goes towards determining if the party is surprised

So, bad tactics, affects the leadership role, while the leadership roll affects the results of the recon.
    If recon fails, no tactics or leadership rolls for boons/banes or initiative bonuses etc.
    So, a task chain can directly affect how the initiative is rolled in the combat tracker..
    Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Calford View Post
    Hi MBM,

If you are doing up the task chain tool, perhaps some method to get it to work with the combat tracker? i.e.

Tactics goes towards planning
    Leadership goes towards getting everyone to follow the plan
    Recon goes towards determining if the party is surprised

So, bad tactics, affects the leadership role, while the leadership roll affects the results of the recon.
    If recon fails, no tactics or leadership rolls for boons/banes or initiative bonuses etc.
    So, a task chain can directly affect how the initiative is rolled in the combat tracker..
    Just an idea.
    Hi Dalton,

The Task Chain will not have a direct outcome as such at the moment. That's being worked on here and there as an extension.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi Folks,

I've added Optional Characteristics to this version.

At the moment the only one you'll see is Territory - this is for Aslans only.

Traveller Companion introduces - Morale, Luck, Sanity and Wealth. These are in this build but the book isn't available to activate them.

Note: none of these stats appear in the Status area, when Companion arrives I'll see which ones can be modified on the go and add those.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; December 30th, 2020 at 17:39.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi Folks,

I'm going to confirm this with Matt but I've opened up the new stats from the Companion book in this build. Let's face it, you could pull down a character sheet and run with those stats. The books contains more info on how they 'function' as such. So enjoy!

This version is going to have some good stuff for Ships and the like.

Cheers,
    MBM

Folks,

Added Tactics to this version. Any character with the Tactics (Military) skill will see it added to the Misc Actions on the Actions Tab.

During Combat, any character with this can drag these dice, or dbl click to roll them, and the effect of that roll get placed into the MOD of any Ally in the CT. On the start of the next round the MODS are cleared, so the player (or another with the skill) can repeat that Tactics roll.

I'll be repeating this for the SCT at some future update once Crew is all sorted.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    I've added Optional Characteristics to this version.

At the moment the only one you'll see is Territory - this is for Aslans only.

Traveller Companion introduces - Morale, Luck, Sanity and Wealth. These are in this build but the book isn't available to activate them.
    Can you make these characteristics user definable, so we can take advantage of the alternative rules ie Charm instead of SOC or having both Charm and SOC instead of wealth etc.,

Can you make these characteristics user definable, so we can take advantage of the alternative rules ie Charm instead of SOC or having both Charm and SOC instead of wealth etc.,
    Hi Dalton,

In short 'No'. The text is fixed for those and there's no facility in Options to rename things.

But in longer 'Yes'. You can override any text in the ruleset using an Extension.

Thanks,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    But in longer 'Yes'. You can override any text in the ruleset using an Extension.
    Hi MBM,

That is a shame, as Classic Traveller and all versions up from them except for GURPs had different attributes replacing the core attributes for alien races - for example, Vargr had charisma instead of social standing etc.,
    With an extension, the change would affect all players/mechanics vs just the species it applies to.
    This also would affect the way the alternative rules in the players companion are worded, as they seem to imply that they are not just a renaming but that they are a different characteristic, used at half value when being used in place of the original.

If it was possible to have the (10-12?) characteristics defined in a text box in the settings or having them be defined but selectable in the same manner that a characteristic is chosen for use with a skill....

Is it possible to specify on a character by character or even species by species manner, which attributes are supported and just put in all the possible characteristics into the system? (I can make a list, I have T5 and all the various books)

Best regards

Dalton

Hi MBM,

That is a shame, as Classic Traveller and all versions up from them except for GURPs had different attributes replacing the core attributes for alien races - for example, Vargr had charisma instead of social standing etc.,
    With an extension, the change would affect all players/mechanics vs just the species it applies to.
    This also would affect the way the alternative rules in the players companion are worded, as they seem to imply that they are not just a renaming but that they are a different characteristic, used at half value when being used in place of the original.

If it was possible to have the (10-12?) characteristics defined in a text box in the settings or having them be defined but selectable in the same manner that a characteristic is chosen for use with a skill....

Is it possible to specify on a character by character or even species by species manner, which attributes are supported and just put in all the possible characteristics into the system? (I can make a list, I have T5 and all the various books)

Best regards

Dalton
    Hi Chap,

What you suggest (a screen to enter text) is possible, it's just an awful lot of work. It's easier to add all the various stats. At this time it's only Mongoose Travellers stats, the others for T4/T5 etc will need to be an extension. Though there's only so many stats that can fit on the screen!

It is possible to put rules in place for stats to appear, for example in v1.2.1 coming soon, any Aslan will get 'Ter' if the Referee has enabled that Stat in Options.

Cheers,
    MBM

On the PC Spacecraft window, can we maybe get a tab for ships/vehicles carried? Where we can click and drag other ships / crafts onto that page to link everything together?

Xargun

Thread Information