FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Weird Movement Glitch

Hey guys,

We are new to FGU and were running our second combat. The first map was with LoS off, the second had LoS on. At times after tokens had moved a weird artefact regularly appeared on the map. It was a phantom move of a token to the very top left of the map. LoS didn't make any difference, it happened in both fights. It appeared to be the last token to move that caused the glitch and was not happening on every move. A random player was able to cancel the artefact move.

Screenshot 2020-12-03 212122.png

Is this a known bug? Any extra info I can send in?

Thanks
    Blakey
    Last edited by Blakey; December 3rd, 2020 at 21:55.

Are you able to recreate the issue?

It looks like some combination of actions is setting a token planned movement point (i.e. when moving token with token locking enabled) to the origin point of the map layer.

Regards,
    JPG

It's happening frequently (we are playing as I post this). But as yet no obvious way to recreate it, step by step. Anyone (players and DM) can right click the phantom token in the top left of the map and gets an option to "Cancel Move" which we can do to remove the glitch from everyone's screen so it's not a show stopper but it is annoying.

EDIT: actually the phantom tokens are not always moving to the origin point of the map. Sometimes they just move a square or two in a random direction.
    Last edited by Blakey; December 3rd, 2020 at 22:44. Reason: Adding more info

Does it happen for other maps too; or just a specific map?

I'm trying to figure out if it makes sense to look at a copy of your campaign to see if we can recreate. Since it hasn't been reported by others; I'm wondering if it's a function of that specific map or campaign.

Regards,
    JPG

This is only the second fight since we switched to Unity. 2 separate maps and it's occurred on both. As I say, LoS on one and not on the other. So ALL maps so far but this is only the second.

* Was the campaign migrated from Fantasy Grounds Classic; or started fresh on FGU?
    * Where are the maps from? (added to images folder, loaded from module (which ones?), ...)

Thanks,
    JPG

It was migrated from FGC (copied files across).
    It's not a pre-built module, the DM is creating all the maps and content from scratch. I believe the maps are created using GIMP, not that I imagine that has any bearing. The maps are all JPGs.

(I'm not the DM obviously, he is busy DMing as we speak.)

I never know. Every graphic file is unique potentially, depending on what program it was created with.

If we can get an example scenario we can recreate every time; then we can usually fix very quickly.
    If we do not have a method to reproduce, and no one else is reporting; then we can sometimes make some guesses, but usually have to wait until we can recreate.

So, any information we can get to help reproduce would be appreciated.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    I do on occasion see token ghosts. They don't have movement associated to them (as I do not use token locking). The ghosts I see though are basically a shadow/transparent copy of a token I was moving that gets stuck on the cursor. IMO it's a graphic artifact and when I open/close the image or do something else (not sure what I do to get rid of them) it clears and goes away. Hasn't been a concern to me, but I will pay closer attention and see if I can repeat.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information