DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Adding Player's Shiptoken to battlemap places a pin instead of the token?

Hello,

i'm preparing a little space combat encounter and while placing an NPC starship did work quite well, i have issues placing the player's ship token. Whenever i drag the token onto the battlemap the game instead places a pin, but not the token. What am i doing wrong?

P.S. is there a way to open the enemy's ships datasheet for e.g. by klicking on the token on the map or do i have to place the pin beside the token to do that?

Thanks all!!
    Last edited by masterqgj; December 3rd, 2020 at 18:52.

Quote Originally Posted by masterqgj View Post
    Hello,

i'm preparing a little space combat encounter and while placing an NPC starship did work quite well, i have issues placing the player's ship token. Whenever i drag the token onto the battlemap the game instead places a pin, but not the token. What am i doing wrong?

P.S. is there a way to open the enemy's ships datasheet for e.g. by klicking on the token on the map or do i have to place the pin beside the token to do that?

Thanks all!!
    It sounds like you haven't added the ships to the ship combat tracker. I would check that you have placed the NPC Starships in your ship combat tracker first and drag the token from there to have it populate the map correctly.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Do i really have to add the ships to the tracker in advance? I thought i can place the ships on a map like i do with an "encounter" and add them to the tracker later?

But okay, placing the player's ship via the combat tracker does work at least. Thank you

The process is to add NPCs to the combat tracker and then add the combat tracker entries to the map. This is an universal process for all rulesets to get them to link and use automation. In this case Starfinder has an additional combat tracker dedicated to ships as PCs/NPCs don't share the same traits as PC ships/starships. If you drag a link to the map directly without adding to the combat tracker you would get a pin instead of the token laid down.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information