DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FGU on Google Chrome Book?

Hello All,
    One of my players has paid for his FGU subscription but is unable to load the application on his Google Chrome Book. Does anyone have any guidance on how to get it to work? Aside from buying a new laptop...

FGU does not work on Chrome OS. It is only available for Windows, Mac OS and Linux.

Regards,
    JPG

It is definitely possible to use a Chromebook to run FGU if you install it using Linux Steam, as mentioned above.
    I have done it flawlessly on my Chromebook and it runs smoothly and without problems.

Is this still the method needed to run FGU on Chromebook or is ther an easier way?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaSandz View Post
    Is this still the method needed to run FGU on Chromebook or is ther an easier way?
    Which? Did you try the linux build?

I am sorry I should've given more information.

I am looking to buy a chromebook so i was wondering 2 things:

1. What are current recommended system requirements for Chromebook?
    2. What is easiest method to get Fantasy Grounds Unity up and running?

Thanks for your help.

As noted above FGU doesn't run natively on a Chromebook. It will run on Windows, Linux and Mac OS's. So in order to run it on a Chromebook you'll need a machine that can run Linux. Quite what you'd need in terms of system requirements I'm not sure; but I think you'd be looking at the top end. And there are no guarantees that it'll work.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Make sure if you get a chromebook you get one with an x86-64 CPU (Intel or AMD), not an ARM CPU, FGU won't run on the ARM architecture. Then install Linux on that.

Only works through steam?

Quote Originally Posted by DocBeer View Post
    It is definitely possible to use a Chromebook to run FGU if you install it using Linux Steam, as mentioned above.
    I have done it flawlessly on my Chromebook and it runs smoothly and without problems.
    I have FGU with the life time license for windows, purchased from the Fantasy Grounds website. Provided that I have already installed Linux on my Chromebook, are you saying I need the linux steam license through steam? In other words, are you saying I need to purchase the Linux license through steam to install FGU on my Chromebook?

Thread Information