DICE PACKS BUNDLE

D&D Classic: what is the best introductory adventure?

Hi,
    what is the best D&D Classic introductory adventure to start with? I mean "the best" for GM and players alike to start make practice with the features (and eventually to refresh rules)..

Blog Entries
    Probably the same answer as you woud get 40 year ago; B2 Keep on the Borderlands.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Probably the same answer as you woud get 40 year ago; B2 Keep on the Borderlands.
    Sweet memories.. Does it include pre-made player characters?
    Any additional titles?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I would recommend B2 as well. N1 is good but I think its better for experienced players. You might also look into Haunted Halls of Evening Star.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Sweet memories.. Does it include pre-made player characters?
    Any additional titles?
    B2 and Haunted Halls do not have pre-generated characters but N1 does.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    B2 and Haunted Halls do not have pre-generated characters but N1 does.
    Thank you!

B2 is great if you mostly want them to just explore some caves and hack things up.

N1 is better if you're looking for a lot more role-play opportunities. But a party expecting to be kind of led by the nose will have a bad time with it.

Thread Information