DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

How does one add additional coin tabs?

I am using FGU and 5E ruleset. I have custom currency that involves more than 6 coin types. I realize this amount of detail is not for everyone but it is appreciated by folks I game with. How do I add additional coin tabs? I know if you add the coin from a parcel it adds ones that aren't defined in the basic 6 to an additional line, but it doesn't treat those entries as coins, they can't be spent and don't show up in the party sheet inventory area. Also, when you add additional amounts of a coin listed there, it makes a new entry to the list instead of adding them together, I am assuming this is because it doesn't recognize that entry as anything but text so can't add to it or treat it as coinage.

Any help on how to add more coin tabs or slots would be most welcome.

Thank you in advance for the help here. Thank you all for all the great content and advice I have gathered from here as well.

Blog Entries
    You would have to make an extension that will update the character sheets, party sheet, and parcels. Not sure if coins touch anywhere else.

I'm not sure if their are any existing extensions that do this already, at least not that I can think of. Perhaps a Site Search might reveal something that you could build from.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you for the quick response LordEntrails. I have searched here for things and found nothing that did that. I may need to make an extension to do it, if so may just make a coinage tab for the character sheet to allow all the calculations and conversions. We will see if I can figure it out. Thanks again, you are a great help here on the forums.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Tryggvy View Post
    Thank you for the quick response LordEntrails. I have searched here for things and found nothing that did that. I may need to make an extension to do it, if so may just make a coinage tab for the character sheet to allow all the calculations and conversions. We will see if I can figure it out. Thanks again, you are a great help here on the forums.
    Thanks

There are some extensions that change coin behavior, but none that I know of that add slots. A new tab might be the easiest. But I think you will still need to change the party sheet and the parcels, but would be happy to be wrong.

Maybe the Weight of Coins extension would get you close to the area that needs to be updated.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I will look into it, in the meantime I will just use 6 at most till I figure a way to accomplish this.

Thanks again for your advice. Folks like you are what makes community so great.
    Ragnar Tryggvy - GM and Player - Fantasy Grounds Classic and Unity Ultimate License
    D&D, AD&D, 2e, 3.5e, Pathfinder, 4e, 5e
    Thank you greatly to those of you that have made these fantastic extensions that greatly enhance the play and fun of my games.

Blog Entries
    I would definitely start with the Weight of Coins extension to get you close to the XML.
    There is also some Lua that handles what to do when the existing number of slots are used up so that would also need to be addressed in your extension.

Thank you damned. You guys are always a great help...even though I have only been lurking for the last couple of years.
    Ragnar Tryggvy - GM and Player - Fantasy Grounds Classic and Unity Ultimate License
    Thank you greatly to those of you that have made these fantastic extensions that greatly enhance the play and fun of my games.

Hey Ragnar, I am keen to see what you do!

You're right, it's not for everyone (economics in D&D), but I am a huge fan. Whether that's Electrum, Toal & Harbor Moons pushing over the 6 coin types, or expanded economics. Having grown up across the Canadian border, and then living near the Mexican border, I got used to seeing coins and even bills from all 3 countries. Sometimes a merchant didn't care, more often they did. So it made sense to add this to D&D (to me).

I'm running a game set in Cormyr, and they require folks to exchange non-Cormyrean coin on entry. As my PCs play on the border, they are often finding coins from other cities and nation-states. I've been adding parentheticals in the parcels [e.g., GP (SEMBIA) vs GP (ZHENTIL KEEP)]. Then, when they return to base, they convert the coin. Some coins are worth more than others (due to questionable authenticity or instability, e.g., Daggerdale would be worth less than Sembia).

We don't use the coin encumbrance variant or extension (I've thought about it, but might end up with a mutiny, lol). I've toyed with alt solutions (as I have near 0 aptitude for LUA and XML). Then I toyed with creating an inventory item (weight 0) for each coin type, but the SHOP extension doesn't support PCs Selling to the Shop, and there isn't a way to make collapsible containers in the PC inventory (would be SOOO cool). So those text strings end up being easier on the PC and me. But new fields that are associated with a custom currency (which has a gold% value) would be pretty cool imo.

estrolof, I have not given up on this. This is something I greatly want as I will be having, as you mentioned in your Forgotten Realms setting game, various coins for various kingdoms, not to mention trade bars backed by trading/merchant costers and other types of currency. Not everyone likes that level of detail but I do and like having it there even if many players just ignore it. Some want to know what coins are in a pouch, others just want the overall value.

That said, this is no small task and has had to take a back seat to more important core homebrew modifications to get the basics functional. I will try to message you when I do finally get something going. Thank you for the interest.

Thread Information