DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Is the FG CharacterConverter lost in Unity

Hi,

I wanted to import my 4e char, that I made in the Character Builder since I saw that in a Youtube-Tutorial by Matthew Colville (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28aaaoJTPwc).
    But the FG CharacterConverter seems to be gone.
    It is neither in the utilitys-Directory

Is it gone for good or will it be back one day, and if so, what day will it be?

It is not available in Unity, and is no longer supported.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It is still in original FG so just download the original and run the utility. You have to use detail adder still and fix a few things like which stat is associated with each skill, but it's perfectly useable still.

Thanks, generally that seems to be working indeed. Though all the Powers were empty. But that might be caused by the Update, where you apparently also had some problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully1984 View Post
    Thanks, generally that seems to be working indeed. Though all the Powers were empty. But that might be caused by the Update, where you apparently also had some problems.
    May have been caused by the update, but also you may not have run DetailAdder.

The character powers are normally saved empty, and the character builder application just pulls the relevant information from the database whenever you view the character. In order to import to FG you need to run another application that pulls the data from the database (your Part files) and inserts them into the saved character file.

1. Create character.
    2. Save character.
    3. Use DetailAdder
    4. Use FG importer
    5. Tweak the last few things like which stat is used for skills and power actions.

Thanks. With DetailAdder it works nicely.

I hate to jump in here, but I think this is relevant. Where might one find that DetailAdder?

Thread Information