STAR TREK 2d20

FGU, Recent changes related to tokenCT.addUnderlay() ?

I noticed recently that it seems my aura system has broken with FGU. It functions fine in FGC still. Currently adding auras doesn't seem to work. It depends on tokenCT.addUnderlay() to do this.

Here is an example of it in FGC.

However, doing that in FGU now no longer works at all. I did some debug work to make sure alpha/color were correct and they were. Right now, when setting it just goes blank. If you /reload and view the map again it shows the auras but if you set the image to desktop it disappears. If you revert the desktop image style back to default image view it doesn't come back. Adding a aura while in default image view doesn't work either.

To be clear this all worked a week or so ago. I had a few AD&D DMs test on their campaigns as well and it is having the same issue for them.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Is it only not working for players; or not working on both GM and player?

If you can provide a simple test case extension, I can usually get Carl to look at more quickly.

Regards,
    JPG

I think I've recreated something similar; but not sure. Does the underlay issue only appear incorrectly on the player side? If you close and re-open GM image window, does the player side correct? If so, I think I have a local test case for Carl to use.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I think I've recreated something similar; but not sure. Does the underlay issue only appear incorrectly on the player side? If you close and re-open GM image window, does the player side correct? If so, I think I have a local test case for Carl to use.

Thanks,
    JPG
    It's both, Host and Client. There was an issue before this that the client would not get the update until I selected it in the CT. That was what I started to debug tonight. I thought I had not added a handler to watch the effects and add it to client side for that state.

In anycase, right now, it's not showing at all on DM or player unless the aura exists before the system started. Then it is there and I can adjust it in the effects (change color/etc) but soon as I go desktop mode with it, it's gone and wont come back (even if you go back to normal image view).

Unfortunately the aura code is... not a small thing to make a simple extension. If it was simply for the background color it would be but it also deals with effects within the aura/etc.

The specific parts of the 2E code where it resides mostly is in the manager_token_adnd.lua, with parts in the manager_effects_adnd.lua.

If you have a idea where the problem might be (application of the underlay?) or similar I can clip those bits of code.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I think that the issue I found was similar enough that the fix Carl just gave me seems to fix in 2E ruleset as well. It will be in the next release build.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I think that the issue I found was similar enough that the fix Carl just gave me seems to fix in 2E ruleset as well. It will be in the next release build.

Regards,
    JPG
    Great, thanks!
    ---

Thread Information