DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 29 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Thats awesome I've figured out how to do it !!!
    Attachment 43779
    Not sure what that is showing.

If the battlemap example, I was envisioning a PC's and their NPC's party group name with a group token assigned, and many other encounter groups in map each with their own group token assigned. Then putting the encounter group CT entries all in their own maps. Then put all the group tokens in the main global map. As you move around your PC group token and get close to one of the other group tokens on the map - you double click on that NPC group text field. It brings up its battle map with the NPCs pre placed for that group. You double click group text field again and it does best possible zoom center it can find around that group of tokens (you may have to mousewheel to get it right). Then you place your PC CT entries in that map. Battle - done. Clear out your PC tokens - go back to global map - keep moving group token to next place. Rinse and repeat.

If I'm trying to find something on global map I just double click on the group token to get that map up. And double click on it again to get it to do best zoom center it can attempt (may be good may be bad - mousewheel to fix).

Not seeing that from that picture
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thanks for explaining again, though I understood what you meant , here's a picture though showing that I understood !!
    Screenshot 2021-02-16 at 18.07.38.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Thanks for explaining again, though I understood what you meant , here's a picture though showing that I understood !!
    Screenshot 2021-02-16 at 18.07.38.jpg
    Yep! Sorry thought you were originally replying to my previous comment with your picture.

you must update extensions - they will have issues with latest fgu update - if you don't update fgu then keep your old extension

Purchased! Can't wait to start playing around with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear P0wers View Post
    Purchased! Can't wait to start playing around with it!
    The current version requires the new FGU update they just moved from TEST to LIVE FYI

(because I don't remember which of my extensions actually blow up with ERROR due to the recent changes - so update them all!)

I would like to hear how this is working for people - either here or in DMsG. I literally have had one person's feed back - in here - after I delivered. Given how many have grabbed it - I would like to hear back if its even working for you! Let me know something. ANYTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I would like to hear how this is working for people - either here or in DMsG. I literally have had one person's feed back - in here - after I delivered. Given how many have grabbed it - I would like to hear back if its even working for you! Let me know something. ANYTHING!
    I picked it up earlier this week, and used it in an actual session for the first time last night. Overall it was very easy to use.

It did take me a minute to figure out what the group token was and how to use it. But I do find that helpful as well.

The only non-intuitive thing for me was when I attempted to create the group by typing in its new name, and then clicking the add button without hitting the enter. By not hitting enter, the group itself was not actually created. So when I clicked the add button, instead of adding all the NPCs to the group, it just created the group and didnt add any NPCs. once I figured out that you needed to hit enter after typing the group name, then hit the add button it worked just fine.

One question I did have was how it handles hidden NPCs in groups that are deleted. Do the NPCs in a deleted group become visible in the CT, or are they silently deleted from the CT or just orphaned.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I picked it up earlier this week, and used it in an actual session for the first time last night. Overall it was very easy to use.

It did take me a minute to figure out what the group token was and how to use it. But I do find that helpful as well.

The only non-intuitive thing for me was when I attempted to create the group by typing in its new name, and then clicking the add button without hitting the enter. By not hitting enter, the group itself was not actually created. So when I clicked the add button, instead of adding all the NPCs to the group, it just created the group and didnt add any NPCs. once I figured out that you needed to hit enter after typing the group name, then hit the add button it worked just fine.

One question I did have was how it handles hidden NPCs in groups that are deleted. Do the NPCs in a deleted group become visible in the CT, or are they silently deleted from the CT or just orphaned.
    Thanks for the feedback!

Yes I'm super lazy and hate all the buttons fields etc. people jam in so I tried to minimize to one line (tough) what I put in combat tracker. That meant things like having multiple uses for each button/field entry in some cases. For me, and that was my target audience, the lack of real estate it took up was a major driver. But once you do understand the mechanics it should not be an issue from that point forward.

As far as deleting - I cover that in my .txt file with the many details I cram in there - but in a nutshell the CT commands have not changed. All of the entries are still in DB of combat tracker they are just hidden (or not). The menu commands of combat tracker, as I warn in several places in this thread/.txt file, will WIPE OUT ALL YOUR WORK. It will go after the entire CT regardless of if its in a group or not - visible or not. That is why you have a button by groups for deleting things out of the current active group. In fact all those buttons/fields work off the current active drop down selected group at the top of combat tracker ( that real estate conservation thing again).

So to be clear on what happens with deleting things.

To delete a group (not the entries in it) you simply choose that group to be the active group - and blank out the text field. That will delete the group - and anything in that group will become normal non group CT entries immediately.

To delete everything in a group entirely - select active group and select the delete group button on that same line of controls at top of CT.

To wipe out everything in the CT visible or not (except group names of course) - you choose the menu commands of the normal combat tracker which is going to empty out everything in combat tracker DB. Lot of empty groups!

Visibility you just have to remember the rules of the road....

Visible icon on group row of controls makes everything in a group visible for the token - or not - regardless if its currently visible in CT or not. (normal CT visible icon below does what it always did - what you see in CT currently has tokens made visible or not - players will see it in their CT's or not).

That's it. Now its helpful to always remember - setting a token in a map via right mouse to visible or not does NOT effect CT entries. Never has - still doesn't here. But changing visibility icons (group or normal one) will effect players ability to see CT entries AND the token on the map. Its a one way trip for visibility settings.

Does that answer you? Feel free to ask more if it does not.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 24th, 2021 at 22:16.

Well spent two hours resolving a conflict where my the setActive on my tokens player side are some how being triggered by some Height extension. It is incompatible with Combat Groups and maybe two of my other extensions which do end turn logic overrides for NPC ownership settings (which are either getting clobbered or something not sure what).

IN any case, that extension and mine appear to be incompatible.

Thread Information