STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 29 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    I keep hearing about this Fantasy Grounds Forge but not finding any specific info on it. Is it an extension to the regular store but only for extensions and such?
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Quote Originally Posted by JHale1966 View Post
    I keep hearing about this Fantasy Grounds Forge but not finding any specific info on it. Is it an extension to the regular store but only for extensions and such?
    It's being worked on not out yet - there is literally a link to what is known on page 1 of this thread.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

DMsG felt bad my extension was only one being disabled during this temp time period they have allowed extensions to continue - and have let it come back to LIFE temporarily. No idea how long - probably till FG Forge comes out.

So for all you who wanted it - its now available. Of course when TEST goes LIVE you'll have to immediately update it again like every one of my other extensions - just FYI.

Note if you have extensions that do not use the CombatManager.getSortedCombatantList or window.list.getWindows() or CombatManager.isCTHidden to get CT entries you will probably have them grab things that are not visible as that will not be using my additional group visibility things. Extensions = RISK - beware.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 15th, 2021 at 19:29.

Hey I'd absolutely like to buy this and set it up for me, but I play PF2 and not 5E on Fantasy Grounds and it's a safe assumption it won't work, right?

Quote Originally Posted by adamdane View Post
    Hey I'd absolutely like to buy this and set it up for me, but I play PF2 and not 5E on Fantasy Grounds and it's a safe assumption it won't work, right?
    Correct. I only play 5E and I design these for my use and preferences. The issue is that a lot of rulesets diverge from CoreRPG base combat tracker and override a lot of stuff so I would need to look into each individual ruleset and override each of their ct_host.xml and ct_client.xml code in a way that did not harm them. Very doable, but I have no real experience with those rulesets. I tend to only put things in my extensions for what I use. If there was enough interest and this has been out there for a bit with more than just me and a couple of other people testing/using it then I might consider it. Just would require me to look into a ruleset I've never used.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 15th, 2021 at 19:25.

Awesome Congrats that it has been re-activated purchased it yesterday , love how smooth it works and saves me time during a session, somehow on my Mac it takes about 10 seconds to add and remove an encounter to the combat tracker, which is quite laggy, this really helps me as a DM running the game more smooth ! By preloading them all beforehand in the combat tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Awesome Congrats that it has been re-activated purchased it yesterday , love how smooth it works and saves me time during a session, somehow on my Mac it takes about 10 seconds to add and remove an encounter to the combat tracker, which is quite laggy, this really helps me as a DM running the game more smooth ! By preloading them all beforehand in the combat tracker.
    Just beware I abuse my combat tracker pre placing around 200 NPCs on about 10 different maps - meaning even with this extension it will take me 10 seconds to bring up CT initially. After that of course only one or two of those groups are displayed in CT so it’s much faster than normal. But remember they are all still in CT database unless you blow them all away by using the menu delete operations or remove them individually with the group delete button. Blanking (deleting) a group name will just add all the group members into active CT (like normal without a group). Make sure you take advantage of double clicking group text field twice and also the group token. Someday I plan to cover a battlefield with group tokens where each group has tokens in their own smaller battle map - then when party group token gets close bring up the group token they are approaching map and add party group tokens into it. Like most of my extensions use your imagination! Also PCs have to be manually added to a group - which I always do. Easier to build out other groups by turning them off.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 16th, 2021 at 12:39.

Thanks for the handy tips !! Loving it so much !! I Look forward to your group small battle map addition, though I'm already really happy with it as it is now !!

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Thanks for the handy tips !! Loving it so much !! I Look forward to your group small battle map addition, though I'm already really happy with it as it is now !!
    ? No addition. That would be what I plan to do with it as it exist now. I just have not yet. So... you should do it first maybe?

Thread Information