DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 28 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Got annoyed on Monday trying to manage my global map and the other maps in it. So obviously, new feature in combat groups now. Basically, a tokenfield has been added into the active combat group name data so that each combat group can have its own token associated with it. Which can then be dropped on a global map. Then if you double click (host only) on the group name map token it will execute the same logic in V1.5 that will bring up the map centered on the individual CT entries of that group (if in a map). What does this do? Make my life WAY easier when moving a PC group through a global map where they encounter fixed NPC combat groups - plus even if I don't have the PC's in a map at the moment they are moving around the global map (unless I have some generic map with them placed in it or forget to remove them from the last map) I like to be able to have a labeled icon for them so that if I encounter a fixed encounter - that map will spring up when I click on that groups map token then can just add in my PCs and their NPC companions right into it. If you don't understand what I'm saying - don't worry about it. This thing is still in limbo until FG Forge gets out in January - or this month is ending - hopefully "soon".

V1.6 - Can also add a token to the active group name and drop it on a map. Double clicking on it will open up the map and center the token in it. This is useful for having a global map with the group name token in it. If you double click (host only) on this group name token then the same logic for the group name text field double click will bring up a specific map for the individual tokens in the group name.

The picture is my PC group's token that I doubled clicked on twice to bring up and center the global map, then in global map I doubled clicked on the PC's Group Name token and brought up the local map with individual members of that group were in - then double clicked again to get it centered. Makes my life so much simpler. Lazy DM wins again! Still no way to Zoom or window area so that is still an issue but getting map up and centered you can deal with mouse wheel zooming yourself.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SilentRuin; January 28th, 2021 at 05:23.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

This is pretty awesome can't wait for it to be released (again).

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    This is pretty awesome can't wait for it to be released (again).
    If you were one of the lucky 5 who got it before it got removed from DMsG - you can still get the updates. Hence, why I keep updating this thread. Those original ones can still keep up to date. But yeah, hopefully they resolve FG forge soon as I now have two extensions essentially in limbo - with the rest going offline whenever DMsG gets around to doing what they said they would do. Probably giving us a chance to stay on till FG Forge arrives. But that is just a guess.

Just noticed that Map Parcel extension is now on DTRPG. Any chance of getting Combat Groups on there?

Quote Originally Posted by Noelus View Post
    Just noticed that Map Parcel extension is now on DTRPG. Any chance of getting Combat Groups on there?
    That would be great...

Its not its on DMsG - different - even though their web page lists it confusingly - that's just DMsG and the way they do it. Click on the link to it here - that's where it is and where I maintain it. SW will not allow any extensions on DTRPG (the actual technical author version) because it has complex licensing tracking ramifications. When they kick off all these extension - as they did this one - not sure when they've said they will - then it will be in limbo like Combat Groups and Assistant GM waiting for FG Forge. Where eventually all my stuff will be.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 6th, 2021 at 21:41.

Quote Originally Posted by pablomaz View Post
    That would be great...
    See previous message - its still on DMsG - the only place I've ever put it and the only place its allowed to be - till they kick it out - which will be soon. Hopefully FG Forge will be there by then. Page 1 has a link describing the DMsG saga thread.

Checked into it - that is just how DMsG works they crosslink everything because they are all owned by OBS. Its not what I have setup though. DMsG is the thing.

In right bottom bar you can see the publisher - in my case DMsG. If you saw an extension that was DTRPG it would be something not legit - or so I've been told. You have to have very specific publisher license with SW to do that. Not sure who - if anyone does.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 6th, 2021 at 22:03.

So there are two new extensions on DMsG. I dont want to get anyone in trouble, but i would love to have your extension back up on the site for purchase if some of these problems are resolved. Its sort of bogus if they wont let you have your extension up, but there are new ones arriving from other authors. Any news?

Quote Originally Posted by jonesdaadi View Post
    So there are two new extensions on DMsG. I dont want to get anyone in trouble, but i would love to have your extension back up on the site for purchase if some of these problems are resolved. Its sort of bogus if they wont let you have your extension up, but there are new ones arriving from other authors. Any news?
    Same news I reported is still in effect. Word on the street is that its such a large number of products that some slip through is all. I'm not going to worry about it and still wait for FG Forge.

Thread Information