DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 25 of 29 First ... 152324252627 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    This doesn't even have to do with FGU as I can check the file coding ext itself and it shows 1.58, it is also missing the updated coding. I just redownloaded again.
    As I told you in the thread - I can see the file I'm downloading - it is 100% the 1.59 extension.xml version - and I've deleted it now and downloaded it 3 times. As I told you in your GP thread you will have to delete all version off your machine and NOT use the DMsG update tab and go to the actual owned first tab and hit that download. As I don't know what else to do - I've replaced the file - the date/size and what I open in zip before I drop it out shows its 1.59.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I rebuilt it completely - github shows no diff to files except date - it is 1.59 - it is now removed and delivered again in DMsG. Providing you tried what I asked and removed it completely from your extension directory - then loaded it from owned tab and not updated tab already - this is the last thing I can try. If they are not uploading the file when they claim its uploaded there is nothing more I can do with it.

This 4th try was my last.

I'm not even mad that i gave you a few more dollars. Your extensions are invaluable to my games. I tried repeatedly to delete and redownload from DM's Guild to no avail. When i loaded up FGU it always showed 1.58 and did not have the new option. I liked the new option so much when i saw the video i decided to try getting it from the forge. That worked fine and i used the new option in 1.59 in my game this week. I thought i was crazy or overlooking something obvious. I was just glad to see Mr DDT had a similar experience.

Now for shits and giggles, i just downloaded the extension from DMs Guild again to check. From that brand new download, I opened the .ext file with winrar and in the extension.xml i can clearly see version 1.58 as the version. When i do the same thing with the .ext downloaded from forge it says 1.59. So i cant begin to tell you why its happening, but the DMs Guild version is different than the Forge version.
    Last edited by jonesdaadi; November 16th, 2023 at 23:37.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesdaadi View Post
    I'm not even mad that i gave you a few more dollars. Your extensions are invaluable to my games. I tried repeatedly to delete and redownload from DM's Guild to no avail. When i loaded up FGU it always showed 1.58 and did not have the new option. I liked the new option so much when i saw the video i decided to try getting it from the forge. That worked fine and i used the new option in 1.59 in my game this week. I thought i was crazy or overlooking something obvious. I was just glad to see Mr DDT had a similar experience.

Now for shits and giggles, i just downloaded the extension from DMs Guild again to check. From that brand new download, I opened the .ext file with winrar and in the extension.xml i can clearly see version 1.58 as the version. When i do the same thing with the .ext downloaded from forge it says 1.59. So i cant begin to tell you why its happening, but the DMs Guild version is different than the Forge version.
    I mind - because it should work.

I can see its the right file - I can see I deleted it - and I did the same thing I always have done. Just now I tried one more thing to force the one file I have to be FORCED to save the changes (you can hit save changes button as many times as you like). It claims it has.

If I now have to do that in DMsG then thats a new thing as previously deleting the file and reloading it was all it took. Anyway, you can try the 6th try if you want. If that works you should be able to get a refund from Forge.

I had a chance to delete and re-download both from the DM's Guild and the Forge. I hate to tell you, but it seems as though DM's Guild is still 1.58 and forge is 1.59. I did notice a difference on the DM's guild from a few days ago. When looking at the library, i can see you updated the file at 2023-11-16 18:20:28. following that date is a small letter "i" in a circle. When you hover over the "i" there is a small pop up with some notes. Previously it was notes for 1.58, but now (even though the extension.xml shows its 1.58 when i download it) its shows multiple notes for 1.59. The first being on 11-6 and the second on 11-11. There are three more in regards to you re-uploading the file on 11-16.

To be clear i am downloading these from the DM's Guild into new locations outside of my extensions directory. When downloading a new copy I delete the first one entirely and do not save over the existing file. Each time when i open the file and look at the extension.xml, it shows 1.58. The version in my extensions directory is from the forge and opening it and looking at the extension.xml shows 1.59. I dont want to cause you stress, when this is obviously beyond your control; but i did want to try and see what happened this morn when i downloaded it again. from DM's guild. I only tried two browsers (firefox and edge) so maybe there is a bug in them. Ultimately I will just abandon DM's guild for your extensions and get them on the forge if this continues to be a problem. Thanks again silent ruin for all the hard work in making FGU a better place to play my games.

Yes I know the comments are out there. I tried one more thing - delivered no files - then edited extension.xml (removed some blanks) and built another zip yet again. Then uploaded that zip from a new directory. If they can't tell I uploaded it this time we will just have to assume DMsG is busted in this "non selling active" type of update which used to work but no longer seems to.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesdaadi View Post
    I had a chance to delete and re-download both from the DM's Guild and the Forge. I hate to tell you, but it seems as though DM's Guild is still 1.58 and forge is 1.59. I did notice a difference on the DM's guild from a few days ago. When looking at the library, i can see you updated the file at 2023-11-16 18:20:28. following that date is a small letter "i" in a circle. When you hover over the "i" there is a small pop up with some notes. Previously it was notes for 1.58, but now (even though the extension.xml shows its 1.58 when i download it) its shows multiple notes for 1.59. The first being on 11-6 and the second on 11-11. There are three more in regards to you re-uploading the file on 11-16.

To be clear i am downloading these from the DM's Guild into new locations outside of my extensions directory. When downloading a new copy I delete the first one entirely and do not save over the existing file. Each time when i open the file and look at the extension.xml, it shows 1.58. The version in my extensions directory is from the forge and opening it and looking at the extension.xml shows 1.59. I dont want to cause you stress, when this is obviously beyond your control; but i did want to try and see what happened this morn when i downloaded it again. from DM's guild. I only tried two browsers (firefox and edge) so maybe there is a bug in them. Ultimately I will just abandon DM's guild for your extensions and get them on the forge if this continues to be a problem. Thanks again silent ruin for all the hard work in making FGU a better place to play my games.
    I haven't caught up on this whole thread so ignore me if you have tried it this way; but when you are downloading from DMsGuild are you clicking each file and doing download or clicking the box that downloads it all together as a zip file? I have hit the weird bug from them that when doing just the files it is the older version of an extension but when doing it as a zip file it get the correct updated ones.

Do you have any plans to make this extension work for other rulesets? I know that there is a PF1e extension with similar functionality, but I would love to be able to buy this extension for PF2e...

Quote Originally Posted by radnumino View Post
    Do you have any plans to make this extension work for other rulesets? I know that there is a PF1e extension with similar functionality, but I would love to be able to buy this extension for PF2e...
    Notm

I only play 5E and FGU is always shifting the ground under me to break things. Other rulesets tossed the CoreRPG common programming template out the window to do all their own things and I have no intention of trying to follow and track those changes when I don't use them.

Make no mistake, as documented at the bottom of all my extensions (EXTENSIONS = RISK parts), all my extensions were written for me. The rest of you are along for the ride if you so choose to take the risk.

Feel free to make an extension on this extension which overrides whatever code needed to make it run in another ruleset. But I won't be supporting it anymore than FGU supports changing underneath me.

Am I correct in saying that there isn't currently a way to roll initiative for all NPCs (or all actors) currently visible in the CT without also rolling for all the hidden actors?

Thread Information