DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 28 First 123412 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hey, in the vid, it was mentioned that its a quite light running extension and not very taxing on the PC.. would you agree with them on that?
    I notice if I run to many extension it lags.. FGs, probably due to that I'm not running a high end machine.. so I've got to be careful which extensions I run.

Thanks!
    Think of it this way. If you put 100 items in combat tracker - then only display 10 of them - you still have 100 in the DB. While it will make things go faster since your only dealing with 10 in most operations - it does not mean it is not looping through them all to figure out which operations are required. So all your saving is some processing time. If your machine is low on memory and CPU - this will not "save" you from whatever your suffering from in terms of FGU.

So this will lighten the burden a little when you have lots of things in combat tracker - it won't save you from the things that burn your machine in terms of volume (memory) and speed (CPU).
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Ok.. well as you say.. extension is risk :P, I use a Macbook air 2020.. which isn't particular high spect, 8b ram, 1,1 Ghz quad-i5 core. It's not that I'm short on CPU I think.. FGs.. just is less laggy.. and clunky, more responsive if I run less extensions.. windows open faster.. its easier to move tokens.. line of sight gets updated sooner.. I'm learning python right now.. but have no clue.. yet why this would be the case.. since I have more then enough CPU, available, though I haven't looked at if my memory ram gives shortage, though 8gb ram seems reasonably large I think..

I registered these Activity Logs.. with a map open in FGs.. which is more taxing on my cpu. They don't look to scary to hinder performance.. I think?

FGs uses:
    Memory usage: 3,1 gb
    CPU: 60%

Update:
    I did a test with many extension loaded.. and I didn't see a big difference in Memory or CPU usage.
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; December 7th, 2020 at 14:41.

Ok.. well as you say.. extension is risk :P, I use a Macbook air 2020.. which isn't particular high spect, 8b ram, 1,1 Ghz quad-i5 core. It's not that I'm short on CPU I think.. FGs.. just is less laggy.. and clunky, more responsive if I run less extensions.. windows open faster.. its easier to move tokens.. line of sight gets updated sooner.. I'm learning python right now.. but have no clue.. yet why this would be the case.. since I have more then enough CPU, available, though I haven't looked at if my memory ram gives shortage, though 8gb ram seems reasonably large I think..

I registered these Activity Logs.. with a map open in FGs.. which is more taxing on my cpu. They don't look to scary to hinder performance.. I think?

FGs uses:
    Memory usage: 3,1 gb
    CPU: 60%

Update:
    I did a test with many extension loaded.. and I didn't see a big difference in Memory or CPU usage.
    That sounds like good enough for running FGU. Though you might want to discuss that sort of thing in another thread I suspect

Depending on what an extension does I'm sure it can slow things down if there is enough data that it has to go through to do its functionality. The more data you have them go through the slower it will get. Personally, the only way to get any of my extensions to slow you down is to have a huge amount of data for them to deal with. Generic Actions and Map Parcel will never slow down as they don't really deal with large sets of data. Equipped Effects I could see would do it if you had a large number of inventory items or custom effects (though cycling through stuff in DB is not that slow unless you get really silly large numbers). Polymorphism will only get slow if you create crazy number of NPCs in their list to turn into. And this one only if you have a very large number of combat tracker entries (though it will be faster if you have it and they are broken out into groups).

Gist being - anything that deals with a lot of data will slow you down potentially.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 7th, 2020 at 15:33.

Thank you for explaining, I might ask somewhere else, but it loos like there is little to do about it.. other than just use less demanding extensions or buy a better spect pc :P! I can concur that your extension adds little load to FGs.. I only notice it just a bit with equipped effects !

Would Combat Groups be in the same order as Equipped Effect.. like if you would have a lot of encounters placed on a map..?
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; December 7th, 2020 at 15:57.

Thank you for explaining, I might ask somewhere else, but it loos like there is little to do about it.. other than just use less demanding extensions or buy a better spect pc :P! I can concur that your extension add little load to FGs.. I only notice it just a bit with equipped effect !

Would Combat Groups be in the same order as Equipped Effect.. like if you would have a lot of encounters placed on a map..?
    Equipped effect would be due to inventory list and custom effects list population. This one would be due to combattracker.list in the DB population. And would be FASTER than without it. Nothing to do with the map. At all. Combat tracker is still combat tracker - nothing to do with this extension managing what can be displayed in its list.

Ok great, then I'll pick it up as soon as you find a place for it !

I just got back into D&D and found your extension by chance and I love them. Literally bought them all 3 days ago and hadn't seen this about the extensions coming down on DMsguild. Hope it all gets sorted out, the extensions I did buy are amazing and I cant thank you enough for improving my DMing as much as you have! in the one session I have been able to use them so far!

Just hit a milestone for myself with this extension - had to set up COS wizard of wines area while keeping Vallaki entries around in combat tracker and maps since the party can go either way. This was 249 combat tracker entries. Took 10 seconds to bring up combat tracker - but once it was up - was fine moving between setting more groups up, adding NPCs into them, and setting them to be not visible on CT when done moving onto the next one. I took this screen shot to show a few of the maps that are currently loaded. Now I'm sure it is also effected by machine speed and storage on how fast these thing react - but still... Not hit the limit yet. Not sure I want to test that limit - but this was a necessity for my pre game setup and figured I'd share it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 14th, 2020 at 18:44.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Just hit a milestone for myself with this extension - had to set up COS wizard of wines area while keeping Vallaki entries around in combat tracker and maps since the party can go either way. This was 249 combat tracker entries. Took 10 seconds to bring up combat tracker - but once it was up - was fine moving between setting more groups up, adding NPCs into them, and setting them to be not visible on CT when done moving onto the next one. I took this screen shot to show a few of the maps that are currently loaded. Now I'm sure it is also effected by machine speed and storage on how fast these thing react - but still... Not hit the limit yet. Not sure I want to test that limit - but this was a necessity for my pre game setup and figured I'd share it
    Wow, that's amazing...
    Can't wait to have that DMs Guild issue sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by pablomaz View Post
    Wow, that's amazing...
    Can't wait to have that DMs Guild issue sorted out.
    I'm pretty sure they "have". Waiting for SmiteWorks to sort out that app to sell .ext's ddavidson mentioned in that closed thread page 1 here references. In limbo till then.

Thread Information