STAR TREK 2d20
Page 12 of 28 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    Nothing is written with relative positions in those non 5E ones I've looked at and seems to be specifically designed to make things difficult to modify (lots of hardcoded positioning - template coding which can only be replaced not overridden). I did take a few hours looking into how hard it would be to get my stuff in and came to conclusion that it could be done - but because of the way things are in those other rulesets even a slight change would probably force and update and since I don't use any of them I'd not be aware of when it broke. Nor do I wish to take on the burden of keeping it working in things I do not use that use almost no relative positioning off of anchors - or where I have to literally replace (and keep up to date when they change) template .lua code (template referenced .lua code cannot be overwritten and has to be replaced). In the end these other rulesets were not written with modifications by extensions in mind.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Too bad. Thanks for the effort!

With the Party Token we can add top right of CT, when I drag to a map players can move it around fine but it doesnt change LoS for them
    That correct ?

Quote Originally Posted by mordkhaan View Post
    With the Party Token we can add top right of CT, when I drag to a map players can move it around fine but it doesnt change LoS for them
    That correct ?
    That token is a place marker for groups of NPCs and PCs that you defined as GM in that group tokenfield. As they are moved around the map by the GM you can decide "hey these two are now close enough to expand" and double click on the encounter group name to bring up the map with group members in it - double click again to get zoom as good as it can do (which is not always enough) - then zoom with mouse wheel to how you want and start placing the other group (usually PC's but really whatever group is not pre placed) CT entries into the map. Then you are ready to go. When done - go back out to global map with the tokenfield token and start moving around (usually I remove the encounter group token from the global map and the moving group tokens from the local map at this point also - or just outright remove all from local map and delete the encounter group as I'm done with it). That is from a purely GM view of things and tracking of things. As far as players you want to make sure (in most cases) any encounter group tokens you put in global map are not visible to them, which I can't remember if that is the case by default. If you want them to have LOS and lighting (using TEST as example as that is worst case scenario) then GM will have to right mouse over the group token you want the players to interact with and add it into party vision (one of the radial menu options). Otherwise, as one would expect, that global map will be a big black screen as players don't have anything on it with vision or lighting. Obviously if its dark you'd also, as GM, need to add token lighting to your group token. But it works fine if you do that sort of thing. Which I'm not going to do for you as there are to many variables in how people will want to use this. So if you want to play with DUMB tokens like that you have to play in the same way you would with any other dumb token in FGU. Add it to party vision (I believe I handle all the sharing/ownership for you as part of me dropping it in map). But if your just doing a big dumb global map with only masking and no LOS or lighting - then its good to go as is.

V1.10 - Feature - Added new option "Players only see same Friend/Foe" for "Combat Groups (GM)" defaulted to "off". If set to on then all player's combat trackers will only be able to see the same friend/foe/faction for their active identity (who they are playing as in combat tracker). This requires you to be logged into host with an active PC in combat tracker already to find the active faction to filter the combat tracker with. If the host changes the option or any CT entry faction the filter for that player will be triggered to redisplay their combat tracker with only matching faction entries. This allows you to split the players into different factions (or with Assistant GM different NPCs) and battle each other where they can only see other factions in the map if LOS/visibility allows them to. They will not see them in CT (just like if you had manually turned off visibility of NPCs in host - only it applies to everything based on faction setting). As in everything I do, this is just a tool - use it in whatever way you like - or not.

Simple but useful to me in my games. Whether they are in yours? Not my problem But its in there if you want to use it

Hi SilentRuin!

I hope everything is fine on your side.

I'm having some issue regarding the token visibility in the combat tracker. Once I add the encounter in the proper combat group, I toggle the Visible button but the token are not disappearing from the CT.

Furthermore, it seems that I'm able to make visible all the tokens in the map or none, independently form the selected settings.

Probably I'm doing something terribly stupid but it is not working for me.

Any suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Hi SilentRuin!

I hope everything is fine on your side.

I'm having some issue regarding the token visibility in the combat tracker. Once I add the encounter in the proper combat group, I toggle the Visible button but the token are not disappearing from the CT.

Furthermore, it seems that I'm able to make visible all the tokens in the map or none, independently form the selected settings.

Probably I'm doing something terribly stupid but it is not working for me.

Any suggestion?
    Not sure what you mean. There is a Visible button next to the group name that controls visibility in the host/client CT's. If the CT entry is a member of the group currently showing in that field and you hit the Visible button it will not be in the CT's until you toggle it back by hitting the button again - just as the tooltips describe for it.

The visibility icon on the far left on the combat groups line is applied only to the currently displayed combat group in the field. Which is the same as the global visibility icon below it (dont' use that one or you will change the status of everythings visibility whether you see it or not - unless that is what you intended). And visibility icons do what they have always done - just effect visibility to players in CT and on map.

So, given the above description - I really don't know what you are trying to tell me.

Sorry, I was in a hurry...and I still am, unfortunately.

I'll do a little bit more testing...could easily be an extension conflict.

I'll come back with more testing on my shoulders.

Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Sorry, I was in a hurry...and I still am, unfortunately.

I'll do a little bit more testing...could easily be an extension conflict.

I'll come back with more testing on my shoulders.

Thanks a lot!
    Well one more suggestion - are you sure you added the CT entries you wanted in the group - into the group? You can check in the individual CT entry which group they belong to. As long as the group selected at the top matches the group they belong to in their entry - the visible button should work.

New to the extension just now and was just wondering; is there any perceptible negative effects to having a ton of groups filled with NPCs on the Combat Tracker with this?

Thread Information