STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 29 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    V1.9 - Made header toggle for combat groups a relative placement instead of hardcoded like the rest of those header toggles. This "might" help resolve conflicts in button placement. No guarantees though.

There was a conflict someone pointed out with something in the header toggle area of combat tracker and I thought I'd redo it to a relative placement of that toggle so that it might resolve the conflict. No guarantees though - did what I could. Size of toggle also now matches size with ones it lines up with below.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Hello, could you tell me if you are adding the Mask Sensitive Visibility feature to this extensión?
    Thank you.

Due to number of updates I make videos of my extensions are out of date the day after I drop them. The only way to know what they do is the read the version updates/fixes on Page 1 or the .txt file included there if I run out of space for all of them on page 1. Also all the conversations in here usually cover most topics.

I'm not entirely sure what your asking but if its do I allow the combat tracker visibility icon to apply only to a group - yes. You can read this section buried in this thread - but as I'm not entirely sure what your asking you may have to look for your own answer...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post580667

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    V1.9 - Made header toggle for combat groups a relative placement instead of hardcoded like the rest of those header toggles. This "might" help resolve conflicts in button placement. No guarantees though.

There was a conflict someone pointed out with something in the header toggle area of combat tracker and I thought I'd redo it to a relative placement of that toggle so that it might resolve the conflict. No guarantees though - did what I could. Size of toggle also now matches size with ones it lines up with below.
    I'm using Combat Groups, but also using Diablobob's Custom Damage Manager, and the Combat Groups CT menu is covering up a damage type button on the Custom Damage Manager. This isn't anybody's fault, as I know you and DiabloBob work independently of each other, but I was wondering if you might have any advice on anything I might be able to do to resolve the problem (maybe change a setting somewhere).

Screenshot 2021-04-04 104306.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by similarly View Post
    I'm using Combat Groups, but also using Diablobob's Custom Damage Manager, and the Combat Groups CT menu is covering up a damage type button on the Custom Damage Manager. This isn't anybody's fault, as I know you and DiabloBob work independently of each other, but I was wondering if you might have any advice on anything I might be able to do to resolve the problem (maybe change a setting somewhere).

Screenshot 2021-04-04 104306.jpg
    I based the start of all that stuff starting relative from the contentanchor - if he does also and is relative - I'm not sure we would have a problem? Just not sure. Don't know what they do nor do I really look at things I don't use unless the developer gets with me to resolve it.

You can try looking at the extension.xml load orders and reverse whatever order they are loading in now and see what happens. Other than that he'd have to contact me in PM and workout a way we can both put something there when the other one is present.

Till then - its not compatible.

Thanks for your feedback. It's not a huge issue, and as I said, it's not anybody's fault. Just how extensions go sometimes. As you always say: "Extensions = risk", right? Thanks again.

Hi @SilentRuin. I purchased this extension from Dmsguild. It's an excellent extension. I have 2 questions:

1) This is more of an issue. I am running the Sunless Citadel (like what was shown in the video). My players appear to be having lots of lag in moving their tokens. I am assuming that the combat groups actually hide and skip the CT records but they are actually still there. I think this is causing some lags with the party members. Their tokens move very slowly. Is it possible that I am doing something wrong? I have a very beefy computer. The issue seems to get better as I delete some of the groups that were created. However, this defeats the purpose of the extension.

2) How do I get updates to the extension once I bought it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzar View Post
    Hi @SilentRuin. I purchased this extension from Dmsguild. It's an excellent extension. I have 2 questions:

1) This is more of an issue. I am running the Sunless Citadel (like what was shown in the video). My players appear to be having lots of lag in moving their tokens. I am assuming that the combat groups actually hide and skip the CT records but they are actually still there. I think this is causing some lags with the party members. Their tokens move very slowly. Is it possible that I am doing something wrong? I have a very beefy computer. The issue seems to get better as I delete some of the groups that were created. However, this defeats the purpose of the extension.

2) How do I get updates to the extension once I bought it?
    1) If your using TEST and trying to run with map lock token movement - don't. The lag bugs will kill you. As far as normal operations my stuff will not effect token movement at all. Now having said that I abuse my curse of strahd campaign with it putting about 250 npcs and 10 maps preloaded. But I also have a good machine so it takes 20 seconds to bring combat tracker up and then I'm good. But everything is still in combat tracker and as long as your not using any extensions that cheat on where they get data out of combat tracker you should be faster not slower. By that I mean FGU has specific functions that retrieve filtered combat tracker data and that will respect combat groups. But never forget - everything you put in there is still in the combat tracker DB list - just filtered out for stuff. So if you abuse it like me - then you are going to eventually kill it. So how many NPCs did you define? How many maps are they in? Part of my game prep is to decide what groups need to be permanent (Party will revisit them) and which they are likely to visit if not in the area they will be playing. But nobody has reported what you're seeing so if not in TEST, I'd remove every extension you have except mine and see if your speed improves. If so, then one of your extensions is incompatible or not playing nicely with the combat tracker filters. Unless you have > than what I was abusing it with - then your pushing it.

2) Same as any other - you go into DMsG in your login - My Library - choose the Updated Only - and see if you need to download anything. I also notify changes that are made here and in Page 1 of this thread.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 11th, 2021 at 22:37.

As far as I remember the latest test fixed the token movement issue (every single pixel being LoS calculated instead of half-grids only). I left the TEST channel, so I cannot check. LIVE suffers from the same problem, though, so when you use locked tokens the GM needs to move the tokens manually after players dragged their movement arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    As far as I remember the latest test fixed the token movement issue (every single pixel being LoS calculated instead of half-grids only). I left the TEST channel, so I cannot check. LIVE suffers from the same problem, though, so when you use locked tokens the GM needs to move the tokens manually after players dragged their movement arrows.
    Ugh was not aware LIVE had that issue also. Just recently started using LIVE again this week and I only had a few minor issues - but it was a small one shot campaign. Thanks for info.

And I've not seen the lag issue fixed for what I showed them yet. Involved shared NPC then becoming unplayable in TEST in 3 moves. 100% duplicatable. Not seen any engine update this week (or much of the rulesets I use either - 5E).

Thread Information