DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 28 of 28 First ... 18262728
    Hi. I'm having an issue: when Combat Groups is loaded, the players cannot see the enemy (red) NPCs in their combat trackers.

In options, check "Players only see same Faction". There are a number of options to customize and restrict what the players see.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketvaultgames View Post
    In options, check "Players only see same Faction". There are a number of options to customize and restrict what the players see.
    I see it; thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdAdventures View Post
    Hi. I'm having an issue: when Combat Groups is loaded, the players cannot see the enemy (red) NPCs in their combat trackers.
    This feature is so awesome, I love playing using it, it's how D&D should be.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

You are probably already aware and may already have the fix but I'm getting the following errors when opening/manipulating an image with only Combat Groups 1.62 loaded in FGU 4.5.

Screenshot 2024-03-06 231424.png

Hi SilentRuin, I really do hate to mention this, and I really hope it's just a setting I'm missing...

We're not playing this week, so I'm taking the opportunity to test my loaded extensions and the new 4.5 features. Well, the new Initiative Tray (that can be toggled from the Character Tray) appears to IGNORE hidden combat groups when viewed as the Player.

I have several groups of NPCs in the Combat Tracker, all are hidden - except the PC group and the two remaining members of the previous encounter (captured gnolls). When I toggle from Character to Initiative view in the upper-left portrait tray AS GM everything is "as expected" - meaning it ignores the hidden groups. (Aside: this is a fantastic feature IMO, and will hopefully ensure my Players - who have trouble remembering to use the CT are prepping their turn).

However, when I log in locally as a Player and connect to the campaign and toggle this same feature to INITIATIVE mode from that client...ALL of those NPCs appear - even though they are correctly hidden in the CT.

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    Hi SilentRuin, I really do hate to mention this, and I really hope it's just a setting I'm missing...

We're not playing this week, so I'm taking the opportunity to test my loaded extensions and the new 4.5 features. Well, the new Initiative Tray (that can be toggled from the Character Tray) appears to IGNORE hidden combat groups when viewed as the Player.

I have several groups of NPCs in the Combat Tracker, all are hidden - except the PC group and the two remaining members of the previous encounter (captured gnolls). When I toggle from Character to Initiative view in the upper-left portrait tray AS GM everything is "as expected" - meaning it ignores the hidden groups. (Aside: this is a fantastic feature IMO, and will hopefully ensure my Players - who have trouble remembering to use the CT are prepping their turn).

However, when I log in locally as a Player and connect to the campaign and toggle this same feature to INITIATIVE mode from that client...ALL of those NPCs appear - even though they are correctly hidden in the CT.
    If this is the case then the client side is not calling the sorted combat list to get that data which would then ignore anything i visibility filters (bug in FGU). I can look at it in a few eerks but if that the crazy they want to do then thats ehstvyou eillcsee.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I re-tested, to see if I could better narrow down the experience thus far.
    - Game System: D&D 5E
    - Active EXT: Only Combat Groups
    - Player only sees same faction: Off
    - Player only sees same Group: Off

TEST SCENARIO A:
    Step 1: Add 1 PC (no group assignment), 1 NPC Enemy (assigned to Group A), and 1 NPC Enemy (...Group B) to the Combat Tracker
    Step 2: Load a client and log in, claiming the PC (confirming that the Portrait <--> Initiative toggle is user-specific...it is).
    Step 3: As GM, confirm both NPCs are VISIBLE (the 'eye' icon is turned ON) and both GROUPS are set to visible - so they appear in the Combat Tracker for both the Player and GM. <-- works (as it should)
    Step 4: Both NPCs appear visible in the INITIATIVE LIST and the COMBAT TRACKER
    Step 5: Toggle the Group B Visibility (the "Visible" button, not the "Hide All NPCs in Group" button).
    - This correctly hides the NPC in the CT (they vanish from both the Player and GM views).
    Step 6: With Group B set to Visible (see Step 5), Toggle the Hide All NPCs in Group button.
    - This correctly hides the NPC in the CT and INIT list
    - The Player view no longer sees the NPC in the CT or in the Initiative List
    - The GM still sees the NPC in both the CT and INIT (they are accessible but greyed out in the INIT list for the GM and appear just as they have prior to 4.5 in the CT - as the GROUP hasn't been hidden, just the NPCs within it)
    - The same result occurs if the individual NPC is made invisible/hidden (while the Group remains Visible).
    Step 7: With the NPC invisible/hidden (the eye)...Toggle the Group visibility.
    - No change for Initiative List. As the NPC is individually invisible, they remain hidden from Player view but remain visible in the DM's view of the Initiative List
    - They continue to disappear from the CT for the DM, which is what we expected and experienced in pre-4.5

TEST SCENARIO B:
    Step 1: Re-Launch Campaign and Re-Connect but with 0 extensions loaded
    Step 2: Toggle all NPC to SHOWN (the eye at top of CT)
    - Confirmed (as expected) that both NPCs appear in the CT and INIT list when not hidden
    - Confirmed (as expected) that both NPCs vanish from the CT and INIT list when hidden
    Step 3: Toggle an individual NPC using their personal "hide" button
    - Confirmed (as above, as expected)

Maybe this means it's "working as intended" and users (I) simply remember (as DM) to pre-HIDE/INVIS any inactive groups...now that Players have a means of peeking ahead. I leave that assessment in your more capable hands - if it saves you time and headaches: sweet.

My brain is probably still fuzzy so not getting what the ispsue is.

If you use global eye to turn on or off visibility it will everywhere in CT (even groups not visible in CT will be effected as they are really still inCT).

If you turn on or off a groups eye then thatflag will be set in the groups members only.

VISIBLE button governs if group is visible in host and client CT

Eye icons will determine if visible in client CT and its map.

These flags are two different unrated things.

Given that im notsurewhat your tring to tell me.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information