FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 12 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Thanks! I’ll refer to this when I start adding the scripting.

Thnx guys.
    Will try to resume it when life is less busy and i am back at status quo.
    Plz keep me posted.
    Best Wishes.
    Joakim

In CPR skills use exploding dice, but they only explode once.
    On a natural "1" (Critical failure) you deduct 1d10 from the result. (dice roll with a red background)
    On a natural "10" (Critical success) you ad 1d10 to the result. (dice roll with a green background)
    I could use the dice rolled grafix for the first dice roll bu could not figure out how the regular explosion dice function.
    Could use a RNG without grafix but that was off-putting.
    Will return to this project in the future but i will be a wile before that.
    Best Wishes Joakim

Quote Originally Posted by JoakimEdman View Post
    In CPR skills use exploding dice, but they only explode once.
    On a natural "1" (Critical failure) you deduct 1d10 from the result. (dice roll with a red background)
    On a natural "10" (Critical success) you ad 1d10 to the result. (dice roll with a green background)
    I could use the dice rolled grafix for the first dice roll bu could not figure out how the regular explosion dice function.
    Could use a RNG without grafix but that was off-putting.
    Will return to this project in the future but i will be a wile before that.
    Best Wishes Joakim
    Sounds good! I’m still following the tutorials to put together the skeleton of the character sheet. (I’m on part 2 now.) Once I get through this I’ll start wiring up the dice rolls and try to get the explosion logic working.

I’m making decent progress and learning fast, working through the videos posted so far- shouldn’t be long before I have a working first tab of the char sheet.

Question though before I get too deep— are there copyright concerns with sharing a compete CPR ruleset with the community here once done? Is there a reason no one else has (yet)? Just curious- I’d obviously like to share it if I can, once it’s working.

Blog Entries
    The Character Sheet is part of the equation - you then have NPCs, Combat Tracker and Party Sheet but one step at a time!

No copyright issues with sharing a fully working ruleset here. Do not use artwork from the book - create your own assets (borrow mine). Logo is a 50/50 thing. You can use a logo but you must state it is an unofficial or community ruleset - and if the publisher complains about logo you remove it immediately.

How come no one has published one? Its a big job.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The Character Sheet is part of the equation - you then have NPCs, Combat Tracker and Party Sheet but one step at a time!

No copyright issues with sharing a fully working ruleset here. Do not use artwork from the book - create your own assets (borrow mine). Logo is a 50/50 thing. You can use a logo but you must state it is an unofficial or community ruleset - and if the publisher complains about logo you remove it immediately.

How come no one has published one? Its a big job.
    Got it! Makes sense. And yeah- I wrote some TODO notes for all the things that I think need doing. But I’ll give it a shot!

Blog Entries
    It is worth a shot and also - you dont have to have a fully working model before you start to share.
    You can use the Forge to share your system - just be clear that it is a beta WiP and roughly what to expect from it.

Be aware - others are working on the same system - but dont let that stop you. You never know how far along they will get, if they will complete, if they will share, if you like their implementation. Its a good exercise to work on regardless!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    It is worth a shot and also - you dont have to have a fully working model before you start to share.
    You can use the Forge to share your system - just be clear that it is a beta WiP and roughly what to expect from it.

Be aware - others are working on the same system - but dont let that stop you. You never know how far along they will get, if they will complete, if they will share, if you like their implementation. Its a good exercise to work on regardless!
    Makes sense, and I agree! Thanks Damned, I shall definitely put out a beta if I think it’s a usable state.

Hey @damned,

Wanted to get your insight here, and anyone else who wants to weight in.

Here's a screenshot of my current progress. (I haven't watched all your tutorials yet, but I will!)

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 8.52.03 PM.png

Here you can see I am going a slightly different route than you took in your tutorial:
    • I have made it so that changing values (such as maximums) lowers current values if needed
    • I have made it so that current cannot exceed max
    • I have automated the setting of Max values, such as humanity, making sure that also bringing down current humanity brings down current empathy. (Future TODO item for me here is to also lower current humanity when equipping cyberware. That'll come way later when I do item templates.)
    • The seriously wounded mod box starts at 0, goes to -2 at < the threshold, and -4 at 0 hp
    • I have added an initiative / speed box. Init can be double clicked or click-n-drag to roll init. (When I do the combat tracker, I'll make sure it updates there too.)
    • I have gone with a different tactic for the Armor:
    • Armor has three static inputs for Head,Shield,Body
    • Dragging and item to either line or link box "equips" it here, and you can remove it by right clicking and hitting Remove
    • TODO for me here is, after I make item templates for armor and weapons, only allow armor in the appropriate slots and actually set the SP and Penalty values
    • I also plan on automating all the penalty values with rolls the character makes (so they don't have to double click them.)

Like I said, a bit different! Trying to automate as much as possible, but this is fun so far. Let me know if you think this is the right direction!

Thread Information