5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    I can replicate the issue if I switch wifi networks (i.e. switching from my home connection to a hotspot). Do you have multiple wifi networks and/or multiple access points?

Yes 2.4ghz and 5ghz

Is the network broker within my router or @ the ISP level? Or in Unity?

Blog Entries
    Network brokering is done by the SmiteWork servers when you chose a Cloud game.

Since you mentioned two bands of wireless networks, I wonder if the router/gateway has Network Isolation turned on? Not sure exactly why that would matter, or not be an immediate issue, but it's a thought.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The player

Ok I will do this when I get home today. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Is the network broker blocking multiple connections from the same IP address?
    No it shouldn't. ICE should facilitate connections behind multiple layers of NAT. In addition, I host and connect from multiple systems on the same connection when testing various changes and never had an issue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DM_BK View Post
    This is happening to two people I play with (from the same house) and it just started 2-3 weeks ago. Directly following an FGU update that had the big network change warning on it. Previous to that update there was no issues.

My first assumption was NOT that it was anything on the FGU end and it was something they did....however after investigating the local network setup and discovering they made 0 changes from one week to the next, all I'm left with is the FGU update as the cause.

Doesn't entirely rule out an ISP change but they are on Comcast so that means 2 ISPs made changes at the same time...possible, but not where I'd place my bet at.

Edit: Some differences from the OP's post though: One of them gets tossed out with in a minute of the other connecting.
    Thank you for the info. Can you provide logs for the affected users?

Also, please note there are two types of network changes .. the first would be changes to the actual network code, which facilitates and manages the actual network connections, and hasn't had any major changes for a couple of months. The other is changes to the network message format, which requires both the host and client to be on the same version (i.e. speak the same language) and which comes with the warning you spoke of.

If you could post the logs it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I also thought I would add that, in my case, we also tried various combinations of one player selecting from the list of servers from the cloud hosted list and the other doing a direct IP connection (with port forwarded and without). Issue continued to be present no matter how they connected.

I will see what I can do about getting logs. May take a few days.
    Last edited by DM_BK; December 2nd, 2020 at 04:08.

I think I did this (mostly) correct.........
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information