DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Let me clarify my earlier suggestions: Try

as in: Troubleshooting.

To test for issues on my end...
    I just set 2 laptops up on a hotspot and came through via cloud to my normal hosting machine. Both connected and have stayed connected for the last 10ish minutes.

So what's the thinking right now as to the issue? Do we have 3 parties on this thread that are reporting this problem (did I count that correctly?)? Commonalities?

Quote Originally Posted by DM_BK View Post
    To test for issues on my end...
    I just set 2 laptops up on a hotspot and came through via cloud to my normal hosting machine. Both connected and have stayed connected for the last 10ish minutes.

So what's the thinking right now as to the issue? Do we have 3 parties on this thread that are reporting this problem (did I count that correctly?)? Commonalities?
    Was that test to determine the issue was not on your end? If you want to ping me on Discord (smelton#0068) and host a game I'd be happy to connect with a couple PCs from the same house to determine its not a software issue.

I think my test, of 2 PCs connecting from the same connection, should rule out issues on my end. And possibly ruling out code issues...pushing this back into something on the users router/ISP end.

Was Tony (the OP) able to resolve this issue? If so, is there a theory as to the cause?

Maybe Cox and Comcast both rolled out something security wise in the same week....unlikely but not impossible....

Quote Originally Posted by DM_BK View Post
    I think my test, of 2 PCs connecting from the same connection, should rule out issues on my end. And possibly ruling out code issues...pushing this back into something on the users router/ISP end.

Was Tony (the OP) able to resolve this issue? If so, is there a theory as to the cause?

Maybe Cox and Comcast both rolled out something security wise in the same week....unlikely but not impossible....
    I am about to retest this again. If it occurs, I will again grab the logs. I do not have quick connect enabled from an earlier suggestion.......

Test failed. Exact same problem. Both Player A and B are able to connect to the game, which runs fine for ~30min then disconnects. Attached are the files from Player A and B (on the same network) and the GM. There is clearly a network problem of some kind.

Tommy
    Attached Files Attached Files

An additional test. Player A hosting the game instead of GM (with GM's ultimate license for testing) works fine. It is only when Player A and Player B are players in no the same network that things break.......

I am Player B in above scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack M View Post
    An additional test. Player A hosting the game instead of GM (with GM's ultimate license for testing) works fine. It is only when Player A and Player B are players in no the same network that things break.......

I am Player B in above scenario.
    If both Player A and Player B are on the same network with Player A hosting then I would expect Player B to establish a direct connection to Player A, in which case the network traffic would not be traversing the router's public interface which is where I suspect the issue may be. Is there any kind of advanced security features (i.e. stateful packet inspection (SPI) or intrusion prevention/detection system (IDS/IPS) enabled on your router or ISP modem?

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    If both Player A and Player B are on the same network with Player A hosting then I would expect Player B to establish a direct connection to Player A, in which case the network traffic would not be traversing the router's public interface which is where I suspect the issue may be. Is there any kind of advanced security features (i.e. stateful packet inspection (SPI) or intrusion prevention/detection system (IDS/IPS) enabled on your router or ISP modem?
    This makes sense to me as well. The cloud server primarily acts as a broker then? I do not have anything on the ISP side (according to COX). I have looked at everything I can think of on my router side, nothing obvious. I have a fairly common Netgear wireless router.....

Tommy

Blog Entries
    Tommy, Have you tried going to this page from inside your network? See if Advanced Security is enabled or disabled. COX just turned mine on for me without notifying me at one point;https://wifi.cox.com/more/my-service...ices-disabling

Discussion here;
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post521877

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information