FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    There are rumors of an official CPRed ruleset being done. Nothing concrete yet.
    I’ve heard that as well but it mostly seems to be rumors as of yet. Are we not allowed to use extensions in the meantime? It sounded like people were working on some.

Blog Entries
    Definitely you can use the extensions in the meantime.
    I did start a CPRed project but have mostly discontinued it on the news of the official ruleset.
    Only so many hours in the day...

Yeah, I hear that. I’ll definitely be scooping up that official ruleset when it drops. I’ve been using the 2020 extension which is pretty frustrating to use with Red but better than nothing. I would’ve loved to use somebody’s Red extension in the meantime but I know it’s pretty time consuming.

I just made some tweaks to the 2020 extension mostly just re-worked the character sheet. It's crude but is working for my Red campaign. I don't have enough time to totally rework it into Red.

How were you able to rework the attributes? Are you editing the XML?

Yes, I had to dig around in the extension files and tweak what I could. I took out the old stats, added the new, added all the skills and linked them to the proper stats.. broke a couple things 2. We just use the sheet as a character record, roll skills from sheet, everything else is manually calculated/adjusted.

I have done most everything BigSky has done. I reached out to RTG to make sure I wasn't stepping on IP if I released what I have done but I'm waiting on word back before I finish and release.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RexUniversalis View Post
    I have done most everything BigSky has done. I reached out to RTG to make sure I wasn't stepping on IP if I released what I have done but I'm waiting on word back before I finish and release.
    If its ruleset and doesnt include product identity stuff or copy paste of descriptive text or graphics from the rulebook then you dont need any permission.
    You can generally use a logo providing that you do not represent the product as being official and that you cease using the logo if requested. Logos are a funny thing - they are very much protected but also its very common for people to use someone elses logo in a positive with no recourse.

I sent them an email last year that has not been responded to.

Ok so as long as I just include structures and implementation of rules and a skeleton for items and cyberware I should be fine?

Thread Information