FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Cyberpunk RED character sheet

Hello all, been playing Fantasy Grounds for a couple of years, and been using Unity all year. Loving it. My group's current 5e game is winding down, and I've been reading the books for Cyberpunk 2020/ RED. We did a one-shot for 2020, but after getting the book for RED, we want to play a game in there. I've been trying to manually set up a CoreRPG/ MoreCore module for my own personal use, but the one hiccup I'm having is the character sheet. I don't mind if there isn't combat automation, but I would love to have a character sheet that's organized nicely and ideally have the core stats automate into the necessary skills (i.e. roll Perception with one button that adds the skill level with the INT stat). After weeks of searching in between trying to make it myself, I am unable to find anything for RED specifically. I have found something for Cyberpunk 2020, but the character sheet has changed significantly enough that I can't really use it. So, has anyone found or made a RED character sheet for CoreRPG or MoreCore? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know nothing about the system (other than I think they're contested d10 rolls between Player and GM), but setting up rolls to add scores together on top of a dice roll is pretty much what MoreCore does.

Check out https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html and scroll down to the Parameters and Reference fields sections. Try out a couple things and post back if you have questions. We can dig more into the specifics of what you need.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Blog Entries
    Welcome aircycle

Im pretty sure you can do that on MoreCore as wndrngdru suggests
    If you post some specific examples of the stats and rolls ill post you an example of how to achieve

So, attached I have my template I made in CoreRPG and also what a standard Cyberpunk RED character sheet looks like. I was able to get the template to work in the sense that my players can manually enter the totals for the skills+respective stat. It works as much as I really need it to, but my issues are twofold.

1) I would just like it to look like a proper character sheet with the ability to have sections for the health, weapons and armor, and of course, a large section for the skills. Essentially I want it to be pretty. haha.

2) I would love to have the skills set up similarly to how it is in the 5e ruleset. Each skill has its own level, and it's linked to the necessary stat. When either is changed independently, it would be amazing for the total modifier to change (i.e. changing TECH from 4 to 5 will automatically adjust all TECH modifiers for rolls by one).

Those are the big things I'm trying to achieve. Everything else is minimal and I don't mind keeping manual if I need to, like setting up the weapons to have one button for attack and one for damage, etc. Cyberpunk has a fairly complex combat system, so I imagine without an official ruleset, it would just be too much work to implement all the automation needed for all the different types of combat rolls.

FG template.PNG

Red character sheet.PNG

Blog Entries
    If you want pretty you will have to make a theme and probably do at least some XML coding.

So... long story or short story

You can 100% do skills in MoreCore - but I think I have to push a new build for you - and they will stay in Sync with their Attributes

The other story is - Im going to do a few videos on building Cyberpunk RED using the Ruleset Wizard by psicodelix
    Now - I dont know this system at all so Im going to need direction in terms of how things work mechanically in the system

Actually my intention is to build the Character Sheet - not a full system - Ive neither the time nor the inclination so we will see where it ends up.

cyberpunkred.jpg

damn, I was worried some coding would be involved, as I am beyond unknowledgeable with regards to coding. But I suppose if I'm able to get a functional character sheet, then I can spend the time figuring out something relatively simple, like adding a theme. haha

That's awesome that you're going to do a few videos on how to build this. I didn't even know that there was a ruleset wizard! Already that looks nice!

Simply put, Cyberpunk RED is a system entirely built on a d10 and a d6. Every stat, every roll uses a d10 and d6s only really coming into play for damage. All skills are just like 5e. You take the value of the skill, add it to the value of the relevant stat, and then roll a d10. So a melee punch would be Brawling+DEX+d10. A pistol gun attack is Handgun+REF+d10 and so on and so forth. If a heavy handgun hits the target, then it does 3d6 damage.

The system considers combat very deadly and roleplaying to be the main part of the game, so there isn't a whole lot of automation needed in-game. I did a one-shot to introduce my players to the system with just an excel sheet I found that someone put together.

Hope this cleared up the system a bit. I've only been working with it manually for a few months, so I'm still working it out myself.

Yes!

[QUOTE=damned;560817]If you want pretty you will have to make a theme and probably do at least some XML coding.

So... long story or short story

You can 100% do skills in MoreCore - but I think I have to push a new build for you - and they will stay in Sync with their Attributes

The other story is - Im going to do a few videos on building Cyberpunk RED using the Ruleset Wizard by psicodelix
    Now - I dont know this system at all so Im going to need direction in terms of how things work mechanically in the system

Actually my intention is to build the Character Sheet - not a full system - Ive neither the time nor the inclination so we will see where it ends up.

I also am SOO interested in this! our group is playing over discord and Id love to be able to set up character sheets for FG! will you be posting your video tutorial links here? or a copy of the character sheet you make? so interested in both things!
    Cat!

ps you guys are awesome!
    Last edited by xeocat; November 30th, 2020 at 04:44.

saddly I dont have the money to buy a 50+ dollar program just to make a character sheet for FG. Guess Ill have to keep looking around for someone whos made one. Thanks though!

Install morecore and its cyberpunk 2020 extension. Its not perfect, but it will get you very close.

Thread Information