DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[Unity] Gang Up is not working in SWADE

Last night we had excellent session where the cowpokes attacked some fiendish coyotes in their lair. I noticed that Gang Up is not applied automatically when all conditions are met: same faction, targeting and next to the target of the attack. I recall that once or twice the modifier was applied, but it seemed random.

I checked some old threads and it seems there is issue with Unity, but it was reported months ago. Does this persist or I am forgetting something?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Were the fiendish coyotes adjacent to each other and a cowpoke? Gang-Up bonus is reduced by adjacent allies. That's one that threw my group when we first encountered it.

Edit: I should mention that we tested this pretty thoroughly a few sessions ago and it seemed to be working amazingly well -- but there have been a few updates since then so maybe it got broken again. We only had one gang-up situation in our game last night and it appeared to be working properly.

Yes, I was minding the adjacent requirements and the fact that allies that are also adjacent will reduce the effect of the gang-up. I am planning few more of those, will be watching closely. If I have time will do some mock-up battles before.

make sure the grid is 'visible' you can turn down the grid lines to invisible but it must be 'visible' to work.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

If you are using squares the gang up works if you are using hexagons the gang up don't work

All conditions that you mentioned are met - grid is there, it is visible and etc. This morning I made one mock-up battle on clean campaign to see how things are going, and as you can see from the output in the chat, gang up is not added even though I have it enabled in the options. I am sure it was added in previous encounters to some extent.

What am I missing?
    Attached Images Attached Images

The minotaur and Orcs are both marked as Enemies, i.e. the same faction. You need to set the Minotaur to Friendly (green), Neutral (yellow), or Faction (clear) to have a Gang-Up bonus work for the Orcs which are Enemy (red).

Yes, the test was botched. Now I did the same with the two parties being on different sides. Same outcome, I don't see gang-up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Yes, the test was botched. Now I did the same with the two parties being on different sides. Same outcome, I don't see gang-up.
    YMMV. Can't reproduce error. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ gangup2.PNG

So long as grid is on and tokens placed correctly it should work. Any attempt at using a hex grid will cause a fail. Will test with group on Savage Saturday if time permits. Although to honest everyone I play with can spot a gang up bonus so fast that I don't even know if it is needs to be switched on. It is a very simple rule to eyeball.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Tomorrow we have game, will see what the result will be. I smell Error 40, but this is to be seen

Thread Information