5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: LoS problems

I'm good thanks! With help from the cool people here I figured it out; just have to keep using the mask with LOS to prevent the map from being prematurely revealed. Sucks as I would have thought that would have been built into LOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    * If you have a specific set of steps that recreate the LoS not being revealed to players, please provide here.
    Since even the PC token was not visible to the player himself (me via localhost) on the black map I suspect that token visibility fixes might also fix this. I will wait for 4.0.4 to drop and report back when I notice this again.

I also have the same problem with PC tokens not shoeing LOS. It worked ok on the first image I opened, for the client. The next image opened LOS would not reveal. Redrew the LOS, placed token from CT, opened client view with localhost, took ownership of token. Still nothing. There appears to be no way of going back and retrying. I have tried shutting down both versions of the program and restarting. Still nothing.This is the most frustrating program I have ever used. I love its functions but despair of its use.

Quote Originally Posted by Dionigi View Post
    I also have the same problem with PC tokens not shoeing LOS. It worked ok on the first image I opened, for the client. The next image opened LOS would not reveal. Redrew the LOS, placed token from CT, opened client view with localhost, took ownership of token. Still nothing. There appears to be no way of going back and retrying. I have tried shutting down both versions of the program and restarting. Still nothing.This is the most frustrating program I have ever used. I love its functions but despair of its use.
    THis isn't a general issue so it's something particular to you. I'd suggest that you maybe zip up the campaign folder and post it here or somewhere the devs can get it and link it here and then give the devs the exact steps to reproduce the issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

You have to make sure that the token you add to the map is from the combat tracker, and is a PC owned by the player. Otherwise, the player has no "owned" tokens to see from.

You can also turn on the Party Movement and Vision option in the Options to allow any friendly unity to be selected for LoS.

Regards,
    JPG

Found the problem. I had inadvertently pressed the mask button. Using unity this is not something I had come across before. and did not recognise the cursor symbol. Fantasy grounds still needs a good step by step tutorial on youtube that explains everything in order as some things have to be done before others can work properly. eg. making a CT so that you can place tokens onto a map. That is not intuitive as combat trackers are probably one of the last things I would normally make especially as we play on lan and people like to physically roll dice and have initiative cards dealt to them and hold bennies. (Savage Worlds of course) other than they steep and not too helpful info that is around I love FGU and can't wait for dynamic lighting to appear.

Thread Information