STAR TREK 2d20

Extension toggle only saved when campaign is started

Hello.

Currently it is not possible to toggle extensions (enabled/disable) without having to start the campaign afterwards, else all changes are lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Hello.

Currently it is not possible to toggle extensions (enabled/disable) without having to start the campaign afterwards, else all changes are lost.
    Yes, that has been the behavior for many years.
    If you prefer a different behavior you can suggest it here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    If you are talking development, I believe you can use the /reload command to reload the ruleset and extension code. Note that this was not initially working with FGU, don't know if it has ben re-implemented for FGU or not.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I mean toggling extensions in the Launcher. This does not get saved unless the campaign of the toggled extensions is started right away. Happened to me several times that I thought extensions being enabled/disabled while there were not, because I only switched them in Launcher without starting the campaign.

Sometimes you install new extensions and want to enable them for multiple campaigns without having to then start each single campaign just for saving the toggle switch state.

Please also consider making the launcher window resizable, the windows for extensions (and cloud games) are too small for quick access.

I don't think the Extension State gets saved unless you actually start a campaign.

If you look, each Campaign has a separate extensionstate.xml file that stores the extension info.

If there is no campaign, the file does not get created.

From what I can see, there does not seem to be a default extensionstate.xml file anywhere. Maybe a feature request?

The other item you mention would nice, I do not use extensions, but it would be nice to have a slightly larger window to be able to read them.

You can copy the extensionstate file from one campaign to another; if you use the same extension across many campaigns you could set it up in one and thhen duplicate the file in the other campaigns.

But as noted above there's no way for the file to be created or updated until the campaign is loaded.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the hint, this will make things easier.

Thread Information