FG Spreadshirt Swag

steam vs SW store?

Is there any benefit buying the game from one place or the other? i was thinking of getting the ultimate license and it looks like it's about $10ish cheaper on steam. however i read things about needing to sync stuff between the two systems. i also use multiple computers. so if i'm building things then i would assume i would need to copy files between them.

tldr, halp! (and thanks for any halp)

[edit] it actually looks like it's the same price here, the 10% off is applied to the license in the cart. so same price, but i'm not sure if there's an advantage to getting it here or steam (other than the cut that steam takes).
    Last edited by ONEone; November 27th, 2020 at 15:42.

There's no advantage to buying through Steam, unless you need their international pricing which can be helpful. If you're shopping in USD, I would recommend not using Steam. Plus, SW loses a lot of money to Steam for licenses purchased there.

Blog Entries
    Steam:
    - regional pricing
    - 2hr / 14 day refund policy
    - requires account sync
    - tracks hours of use
    - takes ~30% commission

SmiteWorks Store
    - PayPal only
    - 30 (day) refund policy
    Last edited by LordEntrails; November 27th, 2020 at 19:16.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That is 30 *day* refund no questions when purchased directly from Smiteworks.

Blog Entries
    One more; Steam takes a 30% haircut off the top.

That means Smiteworks gets less $ to keep people paid and development going.

It also means the people who work on putting modules and other DLC together for the store see less commission for their time and effort.

Whether or not this is important to you - that's up to you.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Plus you can add non-Steam games to your Steam library very easily if you really want to keep track of all your games.

here

Quote Originally Posted by ONEone View Post
    Is there any benefit buying the game from one place or the other? i was thinking of getting the ultimate license and it looks like it's about $10ish cheaper on steam. however i read things about needing to sync stuff between the two systems. i also use multiple computers. so if i'm building things then i would assume i would need to copy files between them.

tldr, halp! (and thanks for any halp)

[edit] it actually looks like it's the same price here, the 10% off is applied to the license in the cart. so same price, but i'm not sure if there's an advantage to getting it here or steam (other than the cut that steam takes).
    Always Smiteworks - because they make more money without having to give a cut to Valve. Support small companies that make awesome software.

Thread Information