5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    There is no feedback without allowing discussion, every comment here has been attempting to stop the discussion.

I would like to have a discussion from either those who wanted the feature removed in FGU, or those who want the feature back as it was in FGU who used it in FGC.

Do you see any problems with it being optional in setup UI making it consistent with other Unity games that have real and faux full screen options in addition to desktop windows?

The known limitations of fullscreen in FGC still in FGU are your OS/GPU may not support fullscreen, fullscreen expands to all monitors, fullscreen alt-tab blocks task bar with removal of title bar so no theme interference.
    Last edited by yarnevk; November 26th, 2020 at 23:15.

Quote Originally Posted by yarnevk View Post
    There is no feedback without allowing discussion, every comment here has been attempting to stop the discussion.

I would like to have a discussion from either those who wanted the feature removed in FGU, or those who want the feature back as it was in FGU who used it in FGC.

Do you see any problems with it being optional in setup UI making it consistent with other Unity games that have real and faux full screen options in addition to desktop windows?

The known limitations of fullscreen in FGC still in FGU are your OS/GPU may not support fullscreen, fullscreen expands to all monitors, fullscreen alt-tab blocks task bar with removal of title bar so no theme interference.
    If the devs have removed the full-screen option there is a legit reason. Since FGU is cross-platform maybe that has something to do with it.

I don't mind having a 1cm bar at the top of my screen saying "Fantasy Grounds" because I don't look at that part when I am playing D&D. So to me it doesn't matter.

Shall we make a poll asking for everyone's opinion and see what the results are?

Why are you trying to have a discussion about this in this thread? I admit I wondered why this one was so active - jumped in - and see its been hijaked. Make a thread of your own with this topic. Don't go off into some "discussion" that has nothing to do with the thread topic.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    If the devs have removed the full-screen option there is a legit reason. Since FGU is cross-platform maybe that has something to do with it
    Many games developed on Unity are cross platform and support full-screen as an option. Those who use full-screen want the limitations of no title bar, no task bar, and forced alt-tab, FGC and FGU initially behaved the same way. Those limitations are not bugs but instead was dev acknowledged as a problem for those that do not like the feature, that is not a legit reason to remove a feature that some liked when it can be made an option.

From what I have seen, no one else really seems to care that much about the title bar being visible.

There is no problem with making it an optional feature (I doubt anyone would think this is a problem). Add it to the Wishlist as LordEntrails linked to. The wishlist is the best place for feature requests, otherwise they get lost in the forums.

I would suggest creating a new thread (this discussion really has nothing to do with the what the thread was originally about). Then create an item on the Wishlist, and link back to the thread for the discussion.

You might get more attention that way as well, since this thread is nominally about a theme, not window title bars and maximization, so the people interested in that topic may not click on this thread to even see your discussion.

The current behavior is by design. You may not agree with that design, and if so, the wishlist is the best place for your feature request.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Changes By Design

• Any assets that you have purchased will be available via the Assets button. They are not actually loaded until they need to be displayed, so take up negligible memory until viewed/used. Please note that not all DLC products are available on FGU yet.
    • By design, image records are not created automatically based on the existence of files in your campaign images folder. Because each image record can now be anywhere from zero to multiple different image assets, we can't assume one file equals one record. Drag assets to existing image records, or onto image list to create an image record with that asset.
    • Program title bar remains when maximized. This is a current limitation of Unity platform.
    • Files can no longer be dragged and dropped directly into Images list or Asset view. This is a current limitation of Unity platform.
    • Assets can not be shared for viewing by other users; but all assets owned by players are now available any time they play.
    • Anybody can create a campaign, but only licensed users can host a session (including localhost sessions).
    • Manage Characters (i.e. Local mode) has been deprecated. Create an empty campaign to import/edit/export characters.
    • Image lock client view has been deprecated.
    • Mood lighting has been deprecated.

Those of us that are not privy to the developer discussions about this can only speculate as to the underlying reason(s). We can either take their word for it, or not as the case may be.

Moon Wizard has stated that they will revisit this when things calm down (as linked previously). FGU just came out of beta/early access, so I am not sure I would consider this 'calmed down' yet. Especially since the developers have already stated that the next things they are working on are two of the most requested features; namely limited LoS distances and sound integration.

It is not a wishlist feature, it is a feature already implemented in FGC and initially in FGU that was removed. wishlists are for things that do not exist.

Many Unity games support optional fullscreen modes, so it is not simply a limitation of the Unity platform - especially when FGU originally had it. The only complaint I saw justifying its removal was one complaining about the task bar blocked - which is the very reason fullscreen modes exist because people do want to block the task bar.

It is related to themes because if it was full screen there would be no workaround needed to blacken the title bar for the dark theme outside FG, discussing it here with those familar with themes helped identify the workaround.

It is not a wishlist feature, it is a feature already implemented in FGC and initially in FGU that was removed. wishlists are for things that do not exist.

Many Unity games support optional fullscreen modes, so it is not simply a limitation of the Unity platform - especially when FGU originally had it. The only complaint I saw justifying its removal was one complaining about the task bar blocked - which is the very reason fullscreen modes exist because people do want to block the task bar.

It is related to themes because if it was full screen there would be no workaround needed to blacken the title bar for the dark theme outside FG, discussing it here with those familar with themes helped identify the workaround.
    FGC is not FGU - despite first appearaces - the idea with FGU was to be different (eventually) after ensuring backward compatibility so we didn't all have to buy all our modules and rule books again for the new system.

Make a thread about the Full Screen window and add it to the Wishlist page. How complex is that dude? You seem to be arguing for the sake of it.

Restore fullscreen mode as setup UI option

It is common for Unity games to support full-screen mode options so that there is an absent title bar, blocked task bar, and forced alt-tab. These same games support windowless and windowed modes for those who consider the full-screen mode feature to be a problem.

This is not a wishlist feature, it existed previously and was removed for users that considered its very features to be a problem.

Blog Entries
    Yes this was a feature that previously existed, but as you are aware, it was intentionally removed, therefore it is not a bug. This was a design decision by the developers. Therefore its reimplementing is a feature request. The devs strongly suggest that feature requests are placed upon the wish list. Items in the wish list are tracked, can be voted upon by other users, and reviewed periodically by the devs. Requests made through the forums are not tracked, can not be voted upon, and are lost in the slew of posts after a few days.

Please create an item on the Wish List. Link to it here so the community can vote on it, and link to this thread from the item on the wish list so people can further discuss it here if desired.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It is common for Unity games to support full-screen mode options so that there is an absent title bar, blocked task bar, and forced alt-tab. These same games support windowless and windowed modes for those who consider the full-screen mode feature to be a problem.
    It would be certainly nice to have that option With my answer about the bottom taskbar I just wanted to say that I would like to have the option as in FGC (i.e. borderless window) But certainly nice to have all possible options when it is possible

So, I did not want to stop your discussion; sorry, when I wrote like that
    Last edited by Kelrugem; November 27th, 2020 at 01:32.

Thread Information