DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yarnevk View Post
    So there are no actual limitations of using fullscreen mode on Windows like was being claimed? Since a workaround has been found it would be important to know this, now that we know it was not actually a Unity limitation preventing Windows fullscreen. It would be important for those who use the icon workaround to regain fullscreen mode on Windows to know what is the actual limitation of using the software in this manner.
    It was never stated to be a limitations with MS Windows. It has always been related to cross-platform considerations of the Unity engine.

I'm not going to guess, try to imperfectly recall the statements, or spend my time researching the exact statements by the developers. But I'm 99% certain someone has already quoted or linked the exact statements by the devs. If you would like to know exactly what they said, please review the thread and hopefully you will find the quotes or links to the statements.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I would like a clear statement by the dev that there are no limitations in using Fullscreen mode on Windows in FGU since you do not know this yourself and you do not speak for them. There are clearly still people reading and posting in this thread that it was removed because of limitations of Unity doing fullscreen which turns out to be very clearly not the case since a mere icon change restores that functionality. Since installers already need to know where the OS wants to store data unique on each platform, it already needs tuned for each platform and that customization can most certainly be extended to adjusting platform specific icons which is part of the install process and not part of the program itself.

I state again is there any functionality lost on Windows to use fullscreen, aside from the missing task/title bar?

So if I play an XBOX game port on PC am I forced to use a controller rather than key/mouse? Do those same games force windowed mode on PC because that is how Mac does it?

So there are no actual limitations of using fullscreen mode on Windows like was being claimed? Since a workaround has been found it would be important to know this, now that we know it was not actually a Unity limitation preventing Windows fullscreen. It would be important for those who use the icon workaround to regain fullscreen mode on Windows to know what is the actual limitation of using the software in this manner.

What feature are they giving up besides the unwanted title/task bar when using fullscreen mode? It does not even need the title bar, because the radial menu still has the exit functionality.
    Xbox is basically a Windows pc in a box. Bad analogy.

The way you word this message (and all of your messaging on this topic) make it sound like you think someone is doing this out of spite. The devs have their reasons, I am sure they know their reasons too even if none of us do.

Whatever you reason for demanding FGU has a full screen option (because you haven't said why its so very very important to you) - its not a bug its a feature request. Have you made a feature request yet?

Do you have information to add to this thread regarding lost functionality in fullscreen mode for using this icon workaround? Because that is what I want to find out, if that lost functionality is worth restoring that feature using the icon workaround. That has nothing to do with feature wishlist, because it is existing functionality within the program that it already still works in fullscreen mode.

I will state again very clearly, what functionality is lost aside from title/task bar in fullscreen mode on Windows?

Are there new functions in FGU that require windowed mode that FGC did not have?
    Last edited by yarnevk; November 28th, 2020 at 19:27.

Blog Entries
    The devs have already stated their reasoning. There is no reason for them to state it again except to save you time from going and looking it up. So I hope you would go look it up yourself so that they can spend their time on adding new features to FG.

I don't see myself having anything else of value to add.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Then please stop commenting on this thread if you have nothing to add.

I am specifically asking for those who use fullscreen icon change are they losing any FGU functionality.

Those using fullscreen icon change should not need to justify to others why they want fullscreen and why they consider title/task bar to be unwanted features.

So far only limitation I see is the launch menu does not have a radial menu or exit button and needs alt-tab to get to task bar exit if you decide not to launch. I have not tested multi-monitor because I know it is not useful without breakout windows and stopped using it in FGC, so I do not know if it works like FGC did or not.

I think this post is the last I could find on the subject. Full screen was deprecated and is still on the list to be looked at to see whether it can be reinstated. I imagine that it hasn't bubbled up to the top of the priority list as yet - for obvious reasons.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nd-radial-menu
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I think this post is the last I could find on the subject. Full screen was deprecated and is still on the list to be looked at to see whether it can be reinstated. I imagine that it hasn't bubbled up to the top of the priority list as yet - for obvious reasons.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nd-radial-menu
    So when the dev says it is an existing feature tabled to be looked at after release that means to me that it is not a wishlist item, and that we are now after release so we could expect it back in a patch.

But those using the icon workaround do not need to wait for the dev to schedule when it will be patched.

I posted there the specific question what is functionally is different in FGU that would require windowed/fullscreen mode to be detected as well as the icon command lines so the OP of that thread can see the bump to restore fullscreen.

So when the dev says it is an existing feature tabled to be looked at after release that means to me that it is not a wishlist item, and that we are now after release so we could expect it back in a patch.

But those using the icon workaround do not need to wait for the dev to schedule when it will be patched.

I posted there the specific question what is functionally is different in FGU that would require windowed/fullscreen mode to be detected as well as the icon command lines so the OP of that thread can see the bump to restore fullscreen.
    I don't know the answer because I can't remember what the issues were way back in early Alpha when it was removed. But there were issues which could not be overcome easily at the time. The software has moved a long way since then so it may be easier to do now than it was then; but I don't know. I haven't read all the posts in this thread so I don't know what the icon workaround is; but if it works for you then fine. However be aware that you could have issues and unexpected crashes or behaviour.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The only issue I have found is alt-tab required to exit launch screen. Others can use the icon change from this this thread and report if they find any functionality difference or issues.

Thread Information