STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Me too... I prefer SW to PF but Paizo make some incredible Adventure Paths. I hope these make it to the Fantasy Grounds store fairly quickly.

I was never fan of Paizo... and this announcement fills me with sadness. But at least they will not release that often products from the other lines, which will allow me to collect them.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

As I said recently on another forum - having played through both of Paizo's Rise of the Rune Lords and Carrion Crown adventure paths and not been too impressed with either, I'm not so enthused. I'm also not much of a fan of Golarion-Inner Sea, which I find a bit too convenient in terms of its geoclimatic regions and geopolitics. If this SW adaptation produces new SW variants on the races, including those in the Advanced Races Guide, that'd be something that'd make me consider a purchase. New Arcane Backgrounds and Professional Edges as well would interest me.

I savaged Rise of the Runelords years ago and played it on table top and now I run it half online and half at the table (depending on Covid trends in my area).
    I like the settings but as with all PF and 5e products, they have a ton of useless information about stuff that most players will never encounter and loads of 'classes' and such that are all basically variants of the main classes and seem a waste of time.
    Still, it will be fun to compare my work to what the folks at PEG come up with in terms of the various Extras and magic items in the campaigns.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

We played one adventure path, that was supposed to be very hot and nobody was impressed. I am very surprised that this will be official setting for SWADE, I find more appeal in other fantasy ones to convert. Still, it might work. I won't be backing this in print, maybe in digital if the sales pitch in the KS is good enough.

While not a huge fan of Golarion or PF2 (I do like their card game), an additional fantasy setting for SW will be very welcome. I suspect a lot of what they will publish here, in complement with a new Fantasy Companion (I'm assuming they'll do that soon), will provide a lot of material to harvest for fantasy SW campaigns not set in Golarion.

I'm surprised people aren't impressed with Paizo adventure paths. There's not a single existing product for Savage Worlds that compares. Most adventures for Savage Worlds I've read have been pretty weak and they never contain useful maps. The only setting that has a ton of detail and lore available is Hellfrost and maybe Deadlands. But neither has the depth of material that is available for Golarion. A system as awesome as Savage Worlds deserves some high quality products to supplement it.

Quote Originally Posted by goodmanje View Post
    I'm surprised people aren't impressed with Paizo adventure paths. There's not a single existing product for Savage Worlds that compares. Most adventures for Savage Worlds I've read have been pretty weak and they never contain useful maps. The only setting that has a ton of detail and lore available is Hellfrost and maybe Deadlands. But neither has the depth of material that is available for Golarion. A system as awesome as Savage Worlds deserves some high quality products to supplement it.
    You are right - if we have to compare Paizo adventures with Savage Worlds adventures (I have seen dozen Deadlands, Beasts & Barbarians and few "generic" from SWADE) you are absolutely right! The quality is superior in many ways, especially the combat maps, that are super lacking in savage worlds.

What I mean with my position is that there are much more interesting settings that they can license or enhance. But it is easier said than done! I will give the benefit of the doubt here and will decide when KS is out.

Thread Information