5E Character Create Playlist

Apple M1 Supported?

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but I've been using FG for a couple years now in Windows. Well I've finally decided to purchase a Mac for work/play, but it turns out the new MacBook Pro 13's come with the new Apple M1 processor with apparently uses some new ARM architecture? My question is, will Fantasy Grounds run on these new Macs natively? If not, is there a way to get Fantasy Grounds to work? Last question will the new Unity client be able to run on the new Macs?

I know Macs/Mac users probably aren't a priority here, but I'm currently in a campaign and I'd like to know if I'm going to need to acquire a Windows 10 computer to continue playing.

I currently do not have my Mac to attempt to try this. It's being sent to me on December 3rd apparently.

Thanks!

Discussion here.

NOTE: It currently runs via the emulator (Rosetta 2) not natively. That is tentatively planned for next year (once the Unity engine has full support for the ARM based macs).

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    Discussion here.

NOTE: It currently runs via the emulator (Rosetta 2) not natively. That is tentatively planned for next year (once the Unity engine has full support for the ARM based macs).
    Thank you for the reply! This answers a lot of my questions. Much appreciated.

FYI, Fantasy Grounds runs MUCH better on the M1 Macs than it does on Intel, and that's under emulation. If you're getting a Mac, get on of the M1s. FG will run great, and so will everything else.

Thread Information