5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 9 of 9 First ... 789
    Well... concerning the "it's a dice rolling problem" thingy... One year ago there was a trenchant post that might suggest otherwise:

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    For comparison I rolled "/die 256-1" to get the 3D dice animation out of the picture (pun intended). Then it dawned on me that this might not be a dice, but Chat output related problem. So I deleted the "/" and just output the text "die 256-1". Lo and behold, memory (commit) allocation increased even steeper.

And of course I still strongly advocate the idea that any reproducible memory leak has to be taken serious and probably fixed a whole year after being identified.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; November 30th, 2021 at 20:40.

As mentioned by Trenloe, please provide any information on performance issues in their own threads.

This thread is specifically about raising an issue with memory performance when rolling a stress test type of scenario (i.e. rolling 100K+ dice rolls in a single session), which is not indicative of normal play.

I'm closing this thread for now, because it has more than adequate information to investigate when we have the resources to investigate stress test cases.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information