DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Connection Issues

I have one new player that was unable to connect last night. We tried both direct connect and through the cloud connect. None of the other players had problems connecting either direct or through the cloud. Each time I'd see him connect, but then it would immediate disconnect. I only have logs from after we switched to the cloud. None of the other players had problems connecting, either direct or through the cloud. I did put a password on the cloud game, and the logs say he fails authentication due to the password. But he tried multiple times and I believe he was cutting and pasting the password from Discord. The logs from the direct connect are not available fortunately.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    try removing the password. odds are he was copying a trailing space with the password.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Indeed, the logs show multiple incorrect password attempts - so that would seem to be the issue. As LE suggests try removing it if only to eliminate that as a possible cause.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Maybe a 2nd post, as I thought I replied but do not see it. I will try that, although he was having the problem when I had him connecting directly to my IP as well. And I didn't have a password on that.

The logs do show a lot of incorrect passwords, but then eventually the user (I assume fw3nd is the user) did connect, but immediately disconnects.

What ISP are you on?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm using AT&T fiber, and none of the other players are having problems. He is a student at Bard in New York, I don't know what his ISP is.

If your player is attempting to use the University internet at say the library, then they will likely need to run a VPN/Proxy in order to make the connection work. Most schools block all P2P connections. Or they could tether their computer to a mobile network, I have several players that do this.

Tried without a password, with the same results. Here's logs. He's not on campus, he's living at a house they rent off campus.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It's probably something in their network that is blocking high-burst traffic scenarios; or is somehow blocking certain packets, such as file names (used to synch files for rulesets/extensions/etc.).

I've passed on to our network engineer to look at when he has a minute; but he is really busy on Forge project right now.

I would have that user go over every security program they have installed, as well as their router security settings, to see if anything would block/filter/limit traffic. Also, if they are using Comcast/Cox, they may need to disable the "Advanced Security" feature on their ISP account.

Regards,
    JPG

Your logs look fine. Can you get the player's logs as well.

Thread Information