STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Wacky Wavy Text

That started happening a few builds ago with the default font with 125% scaling of the UI, but it goes away with changing the scale to be a little larger or smaller. I know you're using 100, but changing it slightly may fix it for you in the same way.

Scaleui works a lot better than during Early Access, so at least it is a viable option now.

Changing my scaling to 99 or 101 seems to fix the wavy text issue but at 101 I see a graphic artifact near the "i" link

I get this in Starfinder sometimes also. if you move the window it clears up.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

I'm still having the issue with the latest build. Moving the window does not change the wavy text.

Do you maximize FGU to be full screen or make it somewhat smaller? I noticed it yesterday when I had shrunk the window but it went away once I maximized yet.

I'm running on two monitors with the window stretched to fill both screens.

I'm jealous. If it is caused by full screen / not full screen, making it larger might have the same effect. If you make it just full screen on one monitor, does the waviness disappear? Either way, I imagine you'll want to stay with the two monitors, but it might help to isolate the problem if you give it a try...

I'm seeing this as well in FGU v4.0.10 when viewing a table in a reference manual (Rime of the Frostmaiden):

Moving the window around, resizing, or scrolling makes the effect come and go.

FGU is fullscreen on one monitor (3440x1440). I had to use /scaleui 99 to read the table, otherwise the second column was completely garbled (due to a separate issue: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...legible-blurry)
    Attached Images Attached Images

This will occur sporadically depending on the UI scale, font height, and window position.

We have some ideas to address long term; but they are very disruptive changes in the code base, so we're waiting until the vision/lighting and forge stuff is pushed through to prioritize this among the other stuff.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information