DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Install errors on new windows 10 computer

Testing unity on a brand new computer running Windows 10. Two problems

1. Downloading the unity installer and running produces an error that C++ libary files will not install.
    It does give an option to carry on without them.
    The says it will run updates but then fails to do so.

2. Running the updater manually says a new version of updater is required. This downloads and unpacks to a seperate folder then the update process hang

Also need to ask if it is poosible for someone to run Unity in free demo mode without using a dummy FG forum account?
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

I've asked @smelton to look at the updater issues you reported.

A FG account is required to use the FGU demo.

Regards,
    JPG

Based on your description of the install error it sounds like the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime failed to install. That package is a requirement so you will want to get that issue sorted first. You can try downloading and installing it directly from Microsoft here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...al-c-downloads

Direct link: https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

If that installs without issue, make sure you have the latest FGU installer and try to reinstall.

If you have issues, please provide screenshots and logs if possible.

Ok. some more information that might help. Running installer from FG home page which is Nullsoft Installer version 3.06.1
    This installer that webpage down loads could possibly not be upto date.

It still reports that it can't not install Visual C++ library files even when installer is run as admin. Note that library are distributed in the download package. I suppose it could be possible to manually run the library installer but a new user would not do this. During testing install directory selected was not to c drive but that should not make a diffrence at all.

I suspect the first time though was possible download error to the new update package. On second attempt, New update package did install into it update folder and completed update all the way through to EULA screen.

So FGU will install but that Visual C++ library files error massage could put new users off. Downloading the second update package can possibly glitch. Currently running through connection testing to ensure it did work. Will loag logs if there is an issue.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; November 25th, 2020 at 01:09.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Normally, the C++ runtime installation does not fail. For example, I have 4 systems running Windows 10 and a VM with a fresh Windows 10 install and non of them have had this problem.

Did you download and run the latest FGU installer here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...WebInstall.exe (I couldn't tell from your last post)?

Thread Information