DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Custom races and variant speeds/languages

So i am fairly new to FG, and i am trying to convert a lot of home brew D&D 3.5 races and classes one of the issues im having trouble with is custom speed i have at least one race that move at a base 40ft. and another thats base speed is 35ft. but creating the movement speed "racial ability" as shown by the base line stuff in the PHB module the custom speeds don't auto copy to the character sheet and are instead left blank (even though the speed ability is added to the character sheet).

additionally, the same race has a custom language (which i HAVE added to the directory via the options>languages menu) however like the speed, it doesn't copy to the languages to the character sheet even with the racial feature being worded nearly identical to the base lines AND the spelling in both the registry, and the ability are the same.

thank you for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by b1ackn0va View Post
    So i am fairly new to FG, and i am trying to convert a lot of home brew D&D 3.5 races and classes one of the issues im having trouble with is custom speed i have at least one race that move at a base 40ft. and another thats base speed is 35ft. but creating the movement speed "racial ability" as shown by the base line stuff in the PHB module the custom speeds don't auto copy to the character sheet and are instead left blank (even though the speed ability is added to the character sheet).

additionally, the same race has a custom language (which i HAVE added to the directory via the options>languages menu) however like the speed, it doesn't copy to the languages to the character sheet even with the racial feature being worded nearly identical to the base lines AND the spelling in both the registry, and the ability are the same.

thank you for any help.
    I didn't test right now, but where in the sheet do you expect it? Beware, such abilities are not copied into the ability section, instead you see the speed and language stuff directly in the speed and language entries of the sheet, respectively (The speed value is in the main tab, the languages are listed in the Notes section)

I didn't test right now, but where in the sheet do you expect it? Beware, such abilities are not copied into the ability section, instead you see the speed and language stuff directly in the speed and language entries of the sheet, respectively (The speed value is in the main tab, the languages are listed in the Notes section)
    I am aware that the Speed abilities copy to the box (i tested with stock races) on the first page, and with my custom races, it copies to the "racial abilities" box in the Abilities tab of the character sheet, additionally, the language copy to the languages box on the "notes" tab of the Character sheet, but only the baseline languages auto copy, my custom ones seem to need to be hand entered each time. My apologies if i come across as rude or repetitive.

I was adding custom languages as well. However, when I add it, it only appears in the chat menu of languages. I can't get it to appear in the languages section of the character wizard for my players to select. I can create custom backgrounds for them to select in the character wizard. Why don my custom languages appear?

Quote Originally Posted by Thespis View Post
    I was adding custom languages as well. However, when I add it, it only appears in the chat menu of languages. I can't get it to appear in the languages section of the character wizard for my players to select. I can create custom backgrounds for them to select in the character wizard. Why don my custom languages appear?
    Oh, you speak about 5E I presume? Then it may be better to ask/report here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Reports-(2020) (since you spoke about the char wizard)

Thread Information