DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    I'm sorry, but he said corner to corner, not centre to corner on the previous page? This is why I was so surprised that the examples seem to contradict what Moon had just said.

"In the examples shown above, while the "graphic" shown for a token is not within the LoS, the "grid size" or actual size of the token according to the game rules IS within the LoS. It is following the rules defined by the D&D systems. (i.e. official rules are any corner to any corner equals visible) Even if you were using physical minis at a physical tabletop, you would calculate LoS by drawing an imaginary line from corner to corner to grid squares determine visibility and cover (not the actual physical mini, which is smaller than the grid squares)."

(and apologies for me not being able to run my own tests as I'm away from my FG computer)
    Last edited by Ludd_G; November 26th, 2020 at 17:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    I'm sorry, but he said corner to corner, not centre to corner on the previous page? This is why I was so surprised that the examples seem to contradict what Moon had just said.

"In the examples shown above, while the "graphic" shown for a token is not within the LoS, the "grid size" or actual size of the token according to the game rules IS within the LoS. It is following the rules defined by the D&D systems. (i.e. official rules are any corner to any corner equals visible) Even if you were using physical minis at a physical tabletop, you would calculate LoS by drawing an imaginary line from corner to corner to grid squares determine visibility and cover (not the actual physical mini, which is smaller than the grid squares)."

(and apologies for me not being able to run my own tests as I'm away from my FG computer)
    Ah, I think, that was meant as a general answer for tabletops, and that the graphic shown was in alignment with RAW (the bold things just are about the rules or physical minis, not directly regarded to FG. Though the sentence about following the rules of D&D is maybe a bit misleading then, but maybe I misunderstand it)

I referred to this answer: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post559425

Ah, I see

But to me this seems to be directly contradicted by Moons second post, which I quoted above, as he states "This is working as intended and according to the rules as written by the D&D game designers" with reference to the in game example, which, if it is reading Centre to Corner is definitely not working according to the rules as written and is problematic for any larger creatures as it prevent reciprocal LoS which seems wrong (to my mind at least). Hence my asking for a definitive statement as Moons 2 posts in this thread seem to contradict each other as to what the present LoS mechanic is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Ah, I see

But to me this seems to be directly contradicted by Moons second post, which I quoted above, as he states "This is working as intended and according to the rules as written by the D&D game designers" with reference to the in game example, which, if it is reading Centre to Corner is definitely not working according to the rules as written and is problematic for any larger creatures as it prevent reciprocal LoS which seems wrong (to my mind at least). Hence my asking for a definitive statement as Moons 2 posts in this thread seem to contradict each other as to what the present LoS mechanic is.
    Yeah, now I understand Hmm, yeah, difficult to say, I like the new approach, because the head/eyes are often rather in the centre of the token. So, a big creature can give away its shape to enemies while not seeing them yet, which makes sense for many humanoids (giants and stuff like that), but non-humanoids might be problematic (beholders with all the eyes everywhere); I think the former occurs more often.

Hm, indeed then maybe better just to stick to some RAW for the LoS then (so, changing it again); all type of visibility situations are then solved when FG is a 3d tabletop

So i'm testing my game for tonight's session and noticed all my tokens that are NOT on the combat tracker are invisible to LOS unless I make them always visible which ignores LOS and shows that token regardless of where it is on the map.

I use image tokens to populate maps (patrons in a bar for example, important NPCs that don't need to fight, etc).

anyway to fix this?

edit: PFRPG2 is the ruleset i'm using
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Daso View Post
    So i'm testing my game for tonight's session and noticed all my tokens that are NOT on the combat tracker are invisible to LOS unless I make them always visible which ignores LOS and shows that token regardless of where it is on the map.

I use image tokens to populate maps (patrons in a bar for example, important NPCs that don't need to fight, etc).

anyway to fix this?

edit: PFRPG2 is the ruleset i'm using
    Did you try to make them mask-sensitive?

I did. Or rather, they are still mask-sensitive by default and I switched to "always visible/invisible" just to make them "mask-sensitive" again. Did not help.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    I did. Or rather, they are still mask-sensitive by default and I switched to "always visible/invisible" just to make them "mask-sensitive" again. Did not help.
    When there are any bugs, then one of you should maybe make a separate thread, in order to increase the visibility of the problem (because this thread was about something else initially) I didn't test the LoS at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Did you try to make them mask-sensitive?
    I did indeed. Always visible to mask sensitive, basically back and forth between all the options (even invisible to see if that reset anything). Added them from the assets directly, from the bestiary entry by dragging the token, delete and re-add them, etc...

The only way it actually worked is if I put them to always visible, but then they're always visible which isn't too great. I got by, but it wasn't ideal.

Thread Information