5E Character Create Playlist

QUESTION: I want to add a large amount of content

So. I am starting a new game soon, and there is a setting style everyone wants to do. There is a book for it but there are no vtt versions of it yet. So I am considering how is best to import a large amount of data. Svilland looks like it fits my exact desires for the game I want to run, but I am not so proficient with FG's backend.

I tried adding mystic on my own. That was a mess and a half! Any advice on how best to proceed would be appreciated.

The only way is to copy/paste from your source into FG. I'd suggest though that you copy into a text editor first and tidy up the text and then copy from that into FG.

You don't say what it is you are copying in (story, NPC, etc), but the principle is the same for anything.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Mostly: classes, subclasses, spells, gods, and some setting info are what I am adding

Blog Entries
    In the past there have been some parsers/importers. One that I know of is still around, but it has not matured yet to be able to import all object types.

See the sticky; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...297-5e-Parsers

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

There's videos on creating characters, races and classes here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ul-information
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There's videos on creating characters, races and classes here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ul-information
    Yeah, it can be a bit of a pain with some alternate classes. Especially things like Mystic, but hopefully that won't be an issue. I was just curious if there was a easier, or quicker way to do it than the more typical way. Sometimes communities have come up with better tricks than I know of.

Like with the parsers, and such. I just am trying to figure it all out, but thank you for the link.

Svilland doesn't work so good with copy/paste because the original files are corrupted. About 1/4 of the text comes out as all-caps jibberish. Fortunately, you can tell where it is about to start because the highlighting gets broken. See this screenshot where the clear and solid blue selection starts to break up, and in the pasted text in Fantasy Grounds (using the Halloween theme, because I like it for legibility, but I have also checked with no theme running) there's a bunch of all caps nonsense right in the same place?
    Svillan-Error.jpg

This happens ALOT with the Svilland text. Sometimes you're lucky and the breaks are just missing spaces when you paste ("and your eyes glow blue" on the left with small selection breaks is "andyour eyesglow blue" on the right). But most of the time you get stuff you have to type over.

My recommendation is to export the images, and recreate the NPCs, classes, feats and other things as minimally as possible. Leave the text inside your PDF as much as you can. I can also say it is worth it. I was in the playtest during the kickstarter and this is a fun product. Little bit on the strong side, but all the potentially game breaking stuff got caught and balanced.

Edit: Mystic was not a good place to start, that is probably the hardest class yet made for 5e to convert to fantasy grounds. But kudos to you for trying! It has all kinds of unique mechanics that aren't standard and not automated by default. Nothing in Svilland is that hard, so don't judge the challenge by your experience with the mystic class. This is much easier.
    Last edited by GavinRuneblade; November 25th, 2020 at 02:25.

I saw the publisher mention that they were planning to add content to various VTTs, FantasyGrounds included.

Thread Information