5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by DDySean View Post
    I use Discord and for music I log in a separate account and use it to stream Syrinscape (of course this requires another a second computer).
    There is a way to do it from one computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6PRwButeko

This video shows how to do it.

I find it interesting to see so many long time FG users (at least from I can say from being in the forum for a long time!) not using video. Ever since the beginning of the pandemic, all of my games migrated to online on FG, and having video is a must-have for me. I actually spend much more time looking at my players then chat/CT/maps, and when I have a player that can't use video for whatever reason, it always feels like I'm missing a lot in terms of the tabletop experience.

With all that said, I use either Google Meet (best audio, no so great video) or Discord (ok video, ok audio).
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBetween View Post
    There is a way to do it from one computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6PRwButeko

This video shows how to do it.
    I use Voicemeeter with Discord for streaming, but I have to say the quality is not great. I was wondering if those of you who regularly use it pay for the "nitro" or whatever it is to get more server bandwith?

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    I find it interesting to see so many long time FG users (at least from I can say from being in the forum for a long time!) not using video. Ever since the beginning of the pandemic, all of my games migrated to online on FG, and having video is a must-have for me. I actually spend much more time looking at my players then chat/CT/maps, and when I have a player that can't use video for whatever reason, it always feels like I'm missing a lot in terms of the tabletop experience.

With all that said, I use either Google Meet (best audio, no so great video) or Discord (ok video, ok audio).
    My main group has used Zoom video since March and never had any problems, even with people on low-end machines.

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post

I use two monitors and I still don’t want to give up any screen space for video of faces.

I use two monitors and I still don’t want to give up any screen space for video of faces.

Then you need this laptop...

Yeah, me too. Been using Discord for voice.

Discord for Voice/Video always, even in the before times. I've been in the GM seat for the last month or so and with 4 monitors, I've got Discord on 2 of them (popped out video for larger view and the chat window since we are apparently pretty gif heavy when we are playing).

Then you should consider VSee recommended by mattecure on page 2.
    You can pop out the video chat windows and arrange them like you want. Even better you can shrink them to passport foto size and stick them, so they always show up on top of other windows or FG.

cu Drantos

We use Zoom; audio and video so we feel more connected. I'm running a campaign with 3 players and each use at least 2 monitors; one for FGU and one for zoom and google drive (supplementing FGU) or other misc internet needs. I bought a Zoom license. So far it's all worked great, but yes, a fair amount of upfront cost.

Thread Information