5E Character Create Playlist
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Discord for voice, video is optional but 95% its not used.

I like using as few apps as possible.

I have a question regarding all this. I recently had a stroke which has impaired my voice to a degree that I am not always understood. I recently came across a free TTS (Text to Speech), program which allows me to save larger narrative dialogue into a mp3 format. The question I have is do any of these programs allow you to add mp3 to fantasy grounds or inside the audio program itself. If so, how. I am not that tech savvy. I tried to play on my computer but they can't here it since I have mic I guess. Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely Aramis

ps the TTS is called (Any Text to Voice) if anyone else has a problem with talking as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis Dante View Post
    ps the TTS is called (Any Text to Voice) if anyone else has a problem with talking as I do.
    I just downloaded the app. The app lets you play any text, that you type/paste/insert into the "chat box", right through the computer audio. I can definitely see as this could be an issue with online gaming setups. Most of the voice software will try to filter out any audio from the computer, picked up by your microphone, for clarity. Yes you can adjust the sensitivity in some, but not all of these applications.

What I can recommend is Zoom. In any Zoom meeting, you should see options at the bottom of the screen, you may have to hover the mouse for them to show up.

Share Screen.jpg

After clicking share screen, a dialog window will open up to the basic share settings. Click on the advanced tab of the window.

Share Audio.jpg

Now that you are here, click on Music or Computer Sound Only.

Now your microphone will still work as it should, but you can use the TTS app when you need to as well.

Note: You either need to be the Host of the Zoom meeting, or the Host must allow sharing in the meeting, before this will work.

Thank you so much Fear Grounds for not only telling me of an app but showing me how it works. I really really appreciate it. My wife reccommended Zoom but did not know about this feature. As I am a DM I don't think this will be an issue, I just don't want my players to have to read 6 to 10 paragraphs of text. I playtested the idea with a couple of new players and lost them. So this I idea should work. One question though I plan on purchasing the pro version of Zoom. I know they can just log into my service, I think, but what if they don't have video can they still use it or at least hear the mp3 text. Just curious. Thanks again for your kind help.

Sincerely Aramis

It doesn't matter if they are using video or not. They will still be able to hear the audio coming through the Zoom meeting client.

I use this to share all kinds of sounds during games, and it hasn't failed me yet. One word of note: make sure you start out with the computer volume low. Most players seem to be using headsets, and you don't want to blast them with sound.

Good to know about the sound level and the ability to use this feature regardless of them having video or not thanks again for the help

Sincerely Aramis

Glad to be able to help. Let us know if you have any problems, I'm sure there's someone here that can help

Thread Information