DICE PACKS BUNDLE

BUG: Doors' Line of Sight (LOS) doesn't work correctly when layer is in a folder

Summary:
    When a Line of Sight (LOS) Layer is placed inside a Folder it does not work as expected. Mainly, if a door is closed when LOS is enabled, opening it doesn't reveal the area behind it. It works as expected if the door is open when LOS is enabled, or if the LOS layer is not inside a folder. Please see attached GIF under "Steps to Reproduce"

Ruleset(s):
    D&D 5e

Operating System / Language Setting:
    Windows 10, English (U.K.)

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Start with LOS Layer in a folder, LOS Off, Door Closed
    2. Enable LOS
    3. Open Door. Notice area beind it is not revealed (this is the bug)
    4. Disable LOS
    5. Make sure door is open this time
    6. Enable LOS again
    7. Closing door now produces "fog of war"
    8. Reopening and moving then works as normal

I believe I have this same problem.

I also have this problem. A second issue I have is players cannot pass through the door into the next room without the DM (me) manually pulling them through the door. Also, if the door is closed the problem re-occurs all over again. This bug is very disruptive to game play.

I am having this problem with the 4-story house (+ basement) in Fantasy Grounds Interior Art Package, which are loaded as assets and used in a folder.

Unity, 5E
    PC Windows 10

Cary

This is still on our list to look at; but behind vision/lighting work. (because it is same developer) For now, you'll have to leave LoS layers outside folders.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks Moon Wizard. When I pulled the actual map outside of the folder and below the folder, which contained decorations, the LOS issues were solved.

cwright45

Thread Information