5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Create a data file on another drive?

Hi, I'm new.

I purchased my fantasy grounds during a really awesome sale on Steam. Got Ultimate unity and Ultimate classic both. Was just using classic that they sold.

Now I tried to install everything to my E drive which is a much larger internal drive rather than my C drive. The problem is for some reason, it put my data file on C. I've tried to figure out how to get the data file into E but nothing I do seems to work. Not sure if I'm just not getting the path right or the file handle. So could someone please walk me through it? Right now it is in the user file under roam in my c drive if that helps.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks
    MB

Blog Entries
    Settings inside the FG Launcher.

Do not install FGC and FGU in the same application folder. Make sure they each have their own folder or they will conflict.
    Do not use the same FG Data folder for FGC and FGU. They are not interchangeable and you will cause data changes that you can not convert.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

As LE hinted at; click on settings and then click the small navigator button beside the FG Data line and navigate to wherever you want the data folder to be (Set up the folder first); then update FG. You'll need to copy over any campaigns or other stuff you created from the current folder into the new one as needed. Purchased content will be installed automatically when you update.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Also IF you are using the Steam Launcher, it's under game settings that you can have multiple locations for your games to go to, or move all your games to the larger drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Also IF you are using the Steam Launcher, it's under game settings that you can have multiple locations for your games to go to, or move all your games to the larger drive.
    The Steam installation directory for Fantasy Grounds is just a stub that starts the normal FG application. All FG application and data directory locations are set within the Fantasy Grounds application settings, not in Steam.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information