5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

FGU - Is there a way to assign an NPC to a PC's control without them seeing the Notes

Hello,

I'm keen to often put NPC companions in control of the PCs by dragging their sheet over to the PC portrait, however I was not aware this allows them to see the Notes section of that character sheet - which is where I type out all of that NPC's juicy secrets.

Is there a way to only share an NPCs attack and skills with a PC? Much like how the attack options show up on the Combat Tracker in shortened form for the DM?

Blog Entries
    Not directly. When you share a record you share all of the record. But, if this is important, then make a copy of the NPC, delete the notes, and then share the modified NPC.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Though doesn't solve the NPC issue, the Player Agency Extension does allow partial records to be shared. See; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ency-Extension

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks, will take a look.

I guess I could quick-copy out a new NPC, if needed, that's not too bad.

Put the notes in a story entry. Link the story entry in the NPC. It is the same as when an npc has a portrait linked.

Would the PC be able to open that Story entry? I'm guessing not, unless I've made it public. That could work too. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Not unless you share the story seperately.

Thread Information