DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Help understanding how to run Base Spells

Hey all,

Is the process for rolling, resolving and applying base spell attacks automated in RMC? I cannot find a way to do it and no video instructions are clear. Would someone mind walking me through the process? This is the last obstacle before I launch gameplay and startup the campaign.

thanks in advance
    Cal

example: Sudden Light 5th lvl Light Law vs 3 baboons (lvl 3). How would this be auto? Or is there a way to write a cmd/macro for this process. Thanks.

In the combat tab of the Character Sheet, click on the button for Spell Attacks. Base Spells skill is there. Drag it to the Combat Tab.

When someone goes to cast a base spell, open the Table Resolver, and then open the RM Tables, and find the Base Spell Attack Table and drag it to the Table Resolver.

From there, whoever is doing the casting just needs to roll d100. Drag the result to the appropriate column on the table resolver and it will give you you result. Then make the RR as appropriate, you can drag the result to the Modifier item just below the chat to make that faster (it will apply the bonus or negative automatically to the roll).

Combat Tab:

Table Resolver:

Table Resolver, and RM Tables:

There might be some more automation, but I have not used base spells a lot, so someone may be able to add to this.

hi Cal

The way I do it needs a couple more steps to set up, but is easier in the long run.

1. Follow the step above to add the Base Spell Attack to the characters Combat Tab (which also adds it to the Combat Tracker).
    2. Add a new skill to the character called Base Spell. This is not for development, just so you can add the level bonus to the skill.
    3. On the Combat Tab click on the red crown symbol by the Base Attack Spell entry.
    4. Add the Associated Skill as 'Base Spell Casting' from drop down menu.
    Base Spell.png
    5. Select Base Attack Spell for the Attack Table option.

Now when you roll the base attack from either the character sheet or combat tracker it will automatically open the Base Spell table resolver. Right click on the result and select RR Table to open that table.
    Base Spell 1.png

Hope that helps :-)

Flpster

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flpster View Post
    hi Cal

The way I do it needs a couple more steps to set up, but is easier in the long run.

1. Follow the step above to add the Base Spell Attack to the characters Combat Tab (which also adds it to the Combat Tracker).
    2. Add a new skill to the character called Base Spell. This is not for development, just so you can add the level bonus to the skill.
    3. On the Combat Tab click on the red crown symbol by the Base Attack Spell entry.
    4. Add the Associated Skill as 'Base Spell Casting' from drop down menu.
    Base Spell.png
    5. Select Base Attack Spell for the Attack Table option.

Now when you roll the base attack from either the character sheet or combat tracker it will automatically open the Base Spell table resolver. Right click on the result and select RR Table to open that table.
    Base Spell 1.png

Hope that helps :-)

Flpster
    Great suggestion!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thanks indeed!

This was the last hurdle before starting the game.

Cal

I do it similar to flpster but don't create a separate skill for it. I just have the PCs update the OB with their level to make sure they get that bonus.

Thread Information