5E Character Create Playlist

Temporary Increase in Ability Score/Stat

Fantasy Grounds Unity

Looking for a solution to ability score increases.

I know effects are coded in the [Actions] tab.

What is the proper syntax on the character sheet to accomplish a potion of strength that increases the Strength score by 1d4 for 10 rounds?

[NOTE: I prefer a more automated solution versus hand-keying the change if possible, whereby the effect disappears without GM interaction.)

hover over score and use mouse wheel

What ruleset? Depends on that You could use STR: 1d4, but then the d4 is rolled every time (when the die expression is supported by the ruleset), otherwise roll the d4 manually first and then apply the corresponding effect for it

Nylanfs: I see that the CTRL-Scroll feature does indeed increment/decrement the score (handy), yet it involves more mental energy to remember/track rounds to resolve the end of the effect.

Kelrugem: I am using the DnD 5E ruleset Dungeon Master's Guide. (I am used to 3.5E , but have decided try the 5E.) The STR: 1d4 would be nice if it worked for me.

Coded effect - PotStrengthEffect.jpg

I clicked on the effect - Chat window PotStrengthChat.JPG

Yet the Strength score was unaffected, though the Combat Tracker reflects that the program recognized the button was pressed.
    StrengthUnchanged.JPG

Blog Entries
    Roll a strength check with that character, does the roll include a bonus?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithicus View Post
    Nylanfs: I see that the CTRL-Scroll feature does indeed increment/decrement the score (handy), yet it involves more mental energy to remember/track rounds to resolve the end of the effect.

Kelrugem: I am using the DnD 5E ruleset Dungeon Master's Guide. (I am used to 3.5E , but have decided try the 5E.) The STR: 1d4 would be nice if it worked for me.

Coded effect - PotStrengthEffect.jpg

I clicked on the effect - Chat window PotStrengthChat.JPG

Yet the Strength score was unaffected, though the Combat Tracker reflects that the program recognized the button was pressed.
    StrengthUnchanged.JPG
    Effects do not change the stats in the sheet, but the results related to it (you will see some effects notification in the chat) But I just checked, 5e does not allow dice for STR effects So, roll the d4, and then apply STR: N where N is either, 1,2,3, or 4 (assuming the d4 is not rolled every time?)

LordEntrails: (I have chuckled over your name!) I have included the snip that reflects the effect listed in the Combat Tracker did not have an affect. Strengthcheck.JPG

However, the response from Kelrugem (THANKS!) provides this is a known state in the 5E ruleset.

(NOTE: The 1d4 increase in this instance is a one time raise - no fluctuation in strength until the duration ends.)

I am VERY new to Fantasy Grounds, but I love what I am seeing. The support has been great!

You could also create custom effects in the effects window; one for each bonus that the players can then use after rolling to see what the bonus will be. Or just make one that you edit the bonus for prior to applying it.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by Smithicus View Post
    LordEntrails: (I have chuckled over your name!) I have included the snip that reflects the effect listed in the Combat Tracker did not have an affect. Strengthcheck.JPG

However, the response from Kelrugem (THANKS!) provides this is a known state in the 5E ruleset.

(NOTE: The 1d4 increase in this instance is a one time raise - no fluctuation in strength until the duration ends.)

I am VERY new to Fantasy Grounds, but I love what I am seeing. The support has been great!
    Cool, then also welcome

Thread Information