DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Just simpler as its all they same thing. Its just a 'power'. You can add groups with mixed spell levels and cantrips, which would then causes some spells with and some spells without in the same power group.

-pete
    Sounds good. Thanks!

Not that this is something to be done or the UI could handle it because of space but if it could handle multiclass casters prepared spells that would be a neat feature. Right now our non clerics who are multi (like warlock/sor) use the domain col to help track the lower level classes prepared spells. Just passing it long. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Not that this is something to be done or the UI could handle it because of space but if it could handle multiclass casters prepared spells that would be a neat feature. Right now our non clerics who are multi (like warlock/sor) use the domain col to help track the lower level classes prepared spells. Just passing it long. Thanks!
    Are you thinking multiple selector dots for say 'druid' and 'cleric', with maybe counts on each in the meta window ?

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Are you thinking multiple selector dots for say 'druid' and 'cleric', with maybe counts on each in the meta window ?

-pete
    More or less. I am not sure if there is enough room to add more dots and if they can be added to the "prepared" list. But having 2-3 for multiclass characters so they could show how many prepared for each class would be great. The domain and keep visible are still useful as well. If the tooltip showed the class on roll over that would be killer. I know I am off the path but I am just talking out loud here.

More or less. I am not sure if there is enough room to add more dots and if they can be added to the "prepared" list. But having 2-3 for multiclass characters so they could show how many prepared for each class would be great. The domain and keep visible are still useful as well. If the tooltip showed the class on roll over that would be killer. I know I am off the path but I am just talking out loud here.
    Ideas are always good to talk about.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

While not part of the extension, i've created a couple of thread on the forum about 'issues' with UI and 'refresh issue' on the power groups for spell.

UI prepared spell tick control by the meta group prepared value

power group type toggle incorrect character display

Prepared meta group not updating the power group display

As I also think the default power groups have some issues and confusion around the usage on the meta spell power window 'prepared' value the user can edit. ( Most people do not edit this to switch it between spell and prepared display mode on the character. ) And the character is not refreshed correctly and the visibility of the spells 'prepared' tick box is not set visible/invisible as the mode changes for the display system.

If some of these changes happen, this will cause a 'merge' issue for the spell domain, which I'll need to fix.. ( Causing myself some work !! )

I'm also thinking that I might change the way the extension works to deal with the 'spells', by adding a new section to the character sheet abilities and then if these are found in the spell list it will then automatic 'force' the spell domain prepared tick on the 'Actions' section. It will not 'automatically' add the spell to the 'actions' spells list because it will not know if your character is putting them in a 'class' style power group, like the wizard creates, or a by hand group etc. as the actions spell power section is very flexible. ( I might think about auto add some more, but it might cause some lag on the character to look onto other pages which are not always 'configured/initalised' if the user has not been to that page... hence my 'resistance' to doing the auto add.. )

spells.JPG

So the method would be to look in each 'features' section and try and detect 'level - spell' (blue-ish box) and then links based on the 'class' level (purple-ish box) and then copy the spell links based of the found class level into a new 'expanded spell' abilities section.

( This should pick up cleric, paladin, warlock spells as they all add 'features' links that then reference spell in this 'style' layout. )

As this is a suggestion, I'll take 'feedback/suggestions' before I add it to my 'todo' list and then not know when it might happen !!

Thoughts,
    -pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

While not part of the extension, i've created a couple of thread on the forum about 'issues' with UI and 'refresh issue' on the power groups for spell.

UI prepared spell tick control by the meta group prepared value

power group type toggle incorrect character display

Prepared meta group not updating the power group display

As I also think the default power groups have some issues and confusion around the usage on the meta spell power window 'prepared' value the user can edit. ( Most people do not edit this to switch it between spell and prepared display mode on the character. ) And the character is not refreshed correctly and the visibility of the spells 'prepared' tick box is not set visible/invisible as the mode changes for the display system.

If some of these changes happen, this will cause a 'merge' issue for the spell domain, which I'll need to fix.. ( Causing myself some work !! )

I'm also thinking that I might change the way the extension works to deal with the 'spells', by adding a new section to the character sheet abilities and then if these are found in the spell list it will then automatic 'force' the spell domain prepared tick on the 'Actions' section. It will not 'automatically' add the spell to the 'actions' spells list because it will not know if your character is putting them in a 'class' style power group, like the wizard creates, or a by hand group etc. as the actions spell power section is very flexible. ( I might think about auto add some more, but it might cause some lag on the character to look onto other pages which are not always 'configured/initalised' if the user has not been to that page... hence my 'resistance' to doing the auto add.. )

spells.JPG

So the method would be to look in each 'features' section and try and detect 'level - spell' (blue-ish box) and then links based on the 'class' level (purple-ish box) and then copy the spell links based of the found class level into a new 'expanded spell' abilities section.

( This should pick up cleric, paladin, warlock spells as they all add 'features' links that then reference spell in this 'style' layout. )

As this is a suggestion, I'll take 'feedback/suggestions' before I add it to my 'todo' list and then not know when it might happen !!

Thoughts,
    -pete
    I like the approach. It is a good compromise between adding spells and automating the domain lists. Maybe the expanded list area can be editable then we could add spells there when we want them to be forced into domain? I agree the whole power group area and functionality needs some work in FGU.

Keep up the good work!

I like the approach. It is a good compromise between adding spells and automating the domain lists. Maybe the expanded list area can be editable then we could add spells there when we want them to be forced into domain? I agree the whole power group area and functionality needs some work in FGU.

Keep up the good work!
    This is what it looks like at the moment,

exSpells.jpg

You can drag a 'spell' shortcut onto the abilities page and it will add it to the 'extended spells' section. This has all the normal edit/add/delete radial and bottom right edit button controls to delete etc..

I'm just looking at the call back for when you add to the 'features' and 'change level', to generate a call back to check that feature for the wording and spell reference links and auto add the spell level listed into the extended spells section. But I need to think about it, as not sure on warlock if you get these based on ability to cast a level as 'dominate beast' at warlock lvl4 looks a bit odd.. while paladin list 17th lvl, and cleric list 9th lvl... So just need to work out if some are class level or ability to cast a spell at that level etc..

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

This is what it looks like at the moment,

exSpells.jpg

You can drag a 'spell' shortcut onto the abilities page and it will add it to the 'extended spells' section. This has all the normal edit/add/delete radial and bottom right edit button controls to delete etc..

I'm just looking at the call back for when you add to the 'features' and 'change level', to generate a call back to check that feature for the wording and spell reference links and auto add the spell level listed into the extended spells section. But I need to think about it, as not sure on warlock if you get these based on ability to cast a level as 'dominate beast' at warlock lvl4 looks a bit odd.. while paladin list 17th lvl, and cleric list 9th lvl... So just need to work out if some are class level or ability to cast a spell at that level etc..

-pete
    It does sound complicated. It is cool to have the edit ability too!

v1.7 has been updated, this has the extended spell support.

When the 'feature' is added to the character ( or you edit its name/text ), it will parse this and update the new extended spell section. If you have the spells in the abilities power side, it will 'tick' the 'prepared domain' for you.

You can drag spells onto the 'extended spells' and it will also process the abilities page 'tick' of the 'prepared domain' for you.

When you drag on a spell into the abilities power page, it will check the extended spells list and on a match also 'tick' the 'prepared domain' for you.

When you level up, it will also add the new spells you should get into the extended spells section.

This is all parsed from the feature description, so please let me know if it manages to mess something up, or fails to parse. ( I've checked PHB but I'm sure some parts might have bugs. )

NOTE... at the moment it only does EXACT name match between the extended spell list and the powers spell... so no support for 'rob2e/grim press' style power spell names.

While it does not add the spells automatically to the powers page, due to users might want to use the 'rob2e/grim press' versions.. You can open the shortcut on the extended spell and then swap to the abilities tab and drag that open shortcut for the spell onto the powers location you want it.

Hope this is interesting, not too broken, and maybe you have some feedback/bugs...

thanks, Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information