STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 9 First ... 56789 Last
    I am sure you are right. Thanks again!

v2.7 updated a version to refresh DmsGuild.

( On my windows machine, the 'my library' and 'client app' both download the v2.7 build, Nephranka can you see if your linux version gets you the v2.7 and also that it solves the conflict with wild magic extension. )

Thanks,

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    v2.7 updated a version to refresh DmsGuild.

( On my windows machine, the 'my library' and 'client app' both download the v2.7 build, Nephranka can you see if your linux version gets you the v2.7 and also that it solves the conflict with wild magic extension. )

Thanks,

-pete
    Just got it from the guild. It is v2.7! Also, it is working with wild magic. Thanks!

Is there a known conflict with any other extensions that would cause only the "show always" to be shown and not the prepared/domain check boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by razzed1 View Post
    Is there a known conflict with any other extensions that would cause only the "show always" to be shown and not the prepared/domain check boxes?
    Not that I know of, but I dont know every extension. So its possible.

The main reason is configuration errors,

domain.JPG

For them to show up they need to be enabled in the group, and for the likes of domain these need to be in the 'group type' 'book/spell' and have a non-zero perpared value. ( See 'more spells' in the above. )

If you have an issue of them not showing and you are sure the configuration is correct, please provide extra information. When you are saying missing check boxes, are these in the preparation/standard/combat window selection, or in the configuration meta data window. And a list of extensions you are using.

( Or you could try turning off half your extensions, in a duplicated campaign, and see if that sorts the issue. then you know the issue is in the turned off group or the remaining group. Repeat the binary chop of enable/disable until you find the conflict. Then try a clean new campaign with just spell domain extension, make sure it works as expected, then add the 'found' extension to see if it breaks... and let me know, as I dont have every extension. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Thank you. I was missing a number in the Prepared box...

Hello Pete,

we started a brand new campaign and hit a cosmetic compatibility issue with your "Spell Domain" Extension and the official D&D Theme from SmiteWorks which comes with FGU. Note, the FG Themes do not have this issue.

With both loaded (only):
    ext_loading.jpg

the "Prepared" field moves out of the window and is no longer displayed:
    both_loaded.jpg

Not loading the extension, it looks normal (well, no surprise - just to check if there was an FGU issue):
    no_ext.jpg

as well as when not loading the Theme (but the extension):
    no_theme.jpg

Would be great if you can have a look as it is the only complete white theme (perfect for RotF)!
    Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    Hello Pete,

we started a brand new campaign and hit a cosmetic compatibility issue with your "Spell Domain" Extension and the official D&D Theme from SmiteWorks which comes with FGU. Note, the FG Themes do not have this issue.

With both loaded (only):
    ext_loading.jpg

the "Prepared" field moves out of the window and is no longer displayed:
    both_loaded.jpg

Not loading the extension, it looks normal (well, no surprise - just to check if there was an FGU issue):
    no_ext.jpg

as well as when not loading the Theme (but the extension):
    no_theme.jpg

Would be great if you can have a look as it is the only complete white theme (perfect for RotF)!
    Many thanks!
    I have taken a look at it, and I know what the issue is. But I dont have a good solution.

The issue is that the theme specifically changes the size of that window to cope with the 'dragon icon at the top'. But my extension also sets the size to been larger than the non-theme one for its extra buttons.

When my extension and this theme is loaded the window needs to be even bigger, to cope with my extension increase and the theme increase. But the way the windows system works I can only set one value.

What I need to do is be able to set to one height normally, and a different one with the theme. Which I dont think FG allows at the moment. ( If it was a specific ruleset I could adjust it by ruleset, as xml markers for that exist... but no xml markers for 'extension' checks exist. )

I can release an update with a combined height that works for both, but then just look 'massive' for everybody else not using the theme.

Let me add a forum thread specifically for how this sort of thing should be coped with... See if the SW devs have a specific or known way to deal with this sort of case.

If you happy to 'play' in the extension code, you can fix it for your game.

To do this,
    Find your '2797083-5E_B9_SpellDomain.ext' in the 'FG\extensions' folder and rename it .zip and unpack it. So you now have a 'FG\extensions\2797083-5E_B9_SpellDomain' folder..
    Edit the file 'FG\extensions\2797083-5E_B9_SpellDomain\campaign\record_power_sde.xml'
    On line 143 you should be able to find, ( Its in the 'power_groupdetail' window class merge,
    <size width="430" height="330" />
    If you change this to,
    <size width="430" height="380" />
    This should resolve your issue for use in this theme.

Hope this helps for now,
    -pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Editing the XML doesn't scare me :-)
    Will try your code tomorrow, no need to make complicated changes then.
    Will also try to find and fix it rather in the theme...
    Will keep an eye on similar issue with this theme and other extensions, now I know that the theme is problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    Editing the XML doesn't scare me :-)
    Will try your code tomorrow, no need to make complicated changes then.
    Will also try to find and fix it rather in the theme...
    Will keep an eye on similar issue with this theme and other extensions, now I know that the theme is problematic.
    It will only be an issue on non-resizing windows.

I dont recall many non-resizing window in 5e..

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information