DICE PACKS BUNDLE

LOS edge case? (using illusory wall + window to act as shutters you can open/close)

Not sure if I'm just making life difficult for myself or it's an edge case:

I draw an illusory wall that is standalone, works like a charm, when I hide the layer, the view opens up LoS for the tokens automatically, all as expected.

What I've run into that doesn't work:
    - define a window as a rectangle (this is where I have a best practice Q, is this silly?)
    - draw my wall through the window (intersects opposite sides of the window, just as you would a door)
    - delete the wall from within the window (works fine, token has LoS through window) - this leaves the two points where the wall ran through the window
    - create a new layer
    - draw an illusory wall between those two points - concept being shutters than can be closed to block LoS through the window
    - when I hide the illusory wall layer, it disappears from the map, but LoS does not refresh, vision still blocked (move the token around, select/deselect, etc.)
    - however - if I close the image and re-open the refresh occurs and now LoS is correct

I could use two parallel lines (the window, then the illusory wall) but the LoS blocking is not precise so there is bleed-through since the illusory wall is not anchored on the window

So no idea if this is an edge case given how I built it, or if there would be another refresh trigger that might be able to allow this to work (or if there is an easier to setup a window with shutters)?

If you need shutters then I'd probably use terrain rather than the window occluder.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Terrain would not block movement though, correct? So they could sail through the wall (intentionally or accidentally)?

Blog Entries
    Terrain would not block movement. But dropping a big red dragon would teach your players not to move through windows unless they are climbing through windows

But seriously, I use terrain and make it big enough to see the first square on each side of the window. That give me the best "feel" for a real window. Though you could also use a secret door because they look like a wall, block movement (and sight!) and can be opened.

Though you could also put a normal wall (or series of them) right at the vertex points to prevent non-gm movement, but then you would have LOS artifacts etc. But I think that's just making life too difficult for yourself

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The secret door idea may do the trick - that way it can be closed/opened on the play map and not need me to hide layers - going to give this a shot.

...and barring that the red dragon concept is absolutely the fallback

WallsWindowSecretDoor.png

Update: I got the same reaction with the secret door as the illusory wall - the view did not refresh when hidden/shown. Unless it's specific to my setup I can only speculate that there is some sort of refresh-order "IF/THEN" code that does something like checks the window, gets a 'true' response, and then skips checking the portion within the window. Still going to use the secret door rather than the illusory wall as it can all be done on the map, I'll just try to arc it around the window and join the normal walls.

Thread Information