Starfinder Playlist

LFP True Home Brew D&D 5e Campaign

FG License: FGU Ultimate
    Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: EDT (East Coast US)
    Day of week and time: Monday (I am available most all day so time can be flexible)
    If new game, planned start date: Soon as we get a party and details hashed out we will start
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Once a week
    Term: Long Term

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 80% RP /20% Combat
    Number of Players in game & needed: 1-4
    Character starting level & equipment: 1
    Character restrictions: Custom

The bulk of games I see on the forums is running pre-made kits and combat oriented. I should like to shy away from the usual kind of campaign and start something new. I create hand drawn maps of the world, towns, and dungeons but will sometimes use other maps I 'borrow' from here or there.

The world shall be a low population environment with limited magic available to begin with. No ones sure but with the amount of ruins around it could be speculated that some cataclysm might have drastically reduced civilization. The wilderness is dense and teaming with wild life. The population that does exist have banded together into tribes that mostly keep to themselves and are desperately trying to build up towns and fortifications to keep the wilds at bay. Of course some nomadic tribes and raiders exist. Long range sea travel is not available but fishermen do exist.

The known races to start will be Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings and Gnomes but none of these tribes currently co-mingle with the exception of Halflings (them tiny titans seem to go where they please). The party should all be from the same tribe to start. Through diplomacy and story telling the other tribes might forge alliances and players can reroll or swap to a NPC if the story is conducive to such maneuvering.

I'm not a rule oriented DM but rather a story teller who is good at improvising to what the party wants. The passage of time can be skipped around as much as the party desires. Focusing on the fantastic parts of life rather than RP the mundane would be my preference. Combat will be down played and talked out most of the time. Those super crucial fights that will forever change the fate of the party will definitely be executed with maps, dice and strategy as FGU is well suited for. The art of story telling a mundane combat encounter can be loads of fun for those with over active imagination.

The goal for me is to acquire some players who are part DMs themselves with big imaginations. Rolling up to a town and wanting me to make you spend loads of time talking to ever person in town to figure out what's what seems a tad wasteful of our precious time. Instead I would prefer we had a mid session OOC chat about what you want this town to bring you and then watch your vision act itself out. Of course I will always lay down political intrigues and random towns folk will always have needs that you may or may not be interested in. Never will you walk into a town and be spoon fed quests (go here, kill that, rewarded this). The sense of purpose in this world will have to be forged by the players.

The 'Gods' have vanished from the memory of civilization and now it is the flow of positive and negative energies that fuels peoples beliefs. Inspiration comes from nature, comrades, fruits of your labor, and hope. Characters will not be confined to RP as a specific alignment because just like RL some days I'm an angel and somedays I shoot daggers out of my eyes. Your character RP style should only be limited by your imagination. That being said there is an obvious window for an evil minded party to try and seize control of tribes through nefarious means, which I could roll with just as easy as a heroic campaign. I would hope you as a RL human being would do this to vent these dark thoughts from your mind, not infect the others around you. I personally like to be uplifted by the people I associate with so murder hobo campaigns would be short and I would probably unfriend you for the next campaign.

This will be a mature game with many gritty details of the struggles of the world and its people. In RL I am the opposite of politically correct...however talking trash and putting people down for no reason will not be tolerated. The goal here is to enjoy a gambit of emotions and feel like we all fell into an epic novel that we want to read over and over.

If you are often times referred to as 'crazy' in RL then you are my kind of person! Infinite imagination is a prerequisite for this campaign. If any of this resonates with your spirit then please friend me up on discord so we can see what's what. Look forward to meeting you!

Discord: Jesster78#9098

Sounds good looking for a heavy RP game. I'm YoungMinion#2538 on discord love to discuss what you have in mind and come up with a background story to fit.
    I think we’re very broken people, but I think together we are far greater than the sum of our parts.

Have 2 players would like 2 more. Appears the weekday we will play is flexible.

I am definitely intrigued, the only caveat for me is my work schedule is a little random at the moment, but if we all have a similar day in mind I am sure I can work with my boss to have it off every week! My discord is BlakeFrancis#2688

Need 1 more

I would be interested as well. My Discord is RyanH#2650

Alright Ryan I sent you a request on discord

I also host solo campaigns or small party adventures. I've devised a nifty speed combat variant to push through most combats.

The current adventure has begun but we could always use more. It's easy to jump into the current campaign. It's also even easier to put characters on the sidelines for days you miss session.

Friend me up if you are interested in story rich campaigns.

Discord: Jesster78#9098

Did the group decided on a certain day?
    I started playing in 1977, yep I'm *cough cough* years old, and have loved the game ever since.

Narrowing it down to monday or tuesday evenings. Start time 6 or 7 eastern.

Thread Information