STAR TREK 2d20
Page 98 of 105 First ... 488896979899100 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    The dark vision is my user issue. At some point the FG maps must have had lighting disabled between when I last used them for testing and now. Turning lighting mode on resolved this issue, by making the maps black as expected and gray with a darkvision distance sense.

The rotation selection issue is also fixed with the hot fix.

Thanks.
    After the hotfix (not sure if it effected my issue or not) I was still getting the issue, removing all tokens from the map, readding them fixed the targeting issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    After the hotfix (not sure if it effected my issue or not) I was still getting the issue, removing all tokens from the map, readding them fixed the targeting issues.
    I can imagine with the get/setGridOffset that the token may well still be drawn in the correct location but now have incorrect selection position maths.

Let me know if you get any further selection issues and I'll take a further look into it.

Its possible the map you were using had an incorrect offset grid value stored in the map xml file eg <gridoffset>-1689,1438</gridoffset> while the <gridsize>84,84</gridsize> so the gridoffset should have been -83->0 range and not -1689,1438 as stored in the map. The loss of 1600 pixel on the 'x' due to how the get/setGridOffset now will modulo the -1689 into the correct -83->0 is why the selection could be wrong !!

Re-adding the tokens will have resolved this x/y offset mismatch in the db.xml file for your campaign.

The hotfix will resolve correct calling of update functions needed by spell tokens when tokens are rotated on the map. So you could probably have selected 'some' areas on the rotated token but you would also have areas the are supposed to be inside the token that were been missed. ( And areas outside the token that were been included !! )

Thanks, Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Token Overlay Issues

Hi,

Not much of an issue, but something you might be interested in, after the latest update, there's a B9 logo overlay on character tokens on game load. It vanishes on movement so its not a huge issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Quote Originally Posted by backwardoracle View Post
    Hi,

Not much of an issue, but something you might be interested in, after the latest update, there's a B9 logo overlay on character tokens on game load. It vanishes on movement so its not a huge issue.
    Yep seen it, just doing some tests with this bitmap disabled. It was added as it helped on token selection a year+ ago, as a special 'feature' to make selection work. My hope is that it is not required now, after the FGU exe updates over the year+.

The new fgu 4.4.4 does not seem to be respecting the initial setcolor for this, which sets it to color '00000000' to make it invisible. This is only setup once when the token icon is added to the token, in the past this started correctly as invisible but now needs some 'update' to happen for the new fgu 4.4.4 exe version to bother to apply the correct color to the bit map. Maybe its an 'order' of initialisation thing that would fix this now. But my hope is that I no longer need this bit of code.

working on update, and doing more checks on the set/get GridOffset change to make sure this does not need any code fixes since the 'hotfix' update to fgu 4.4.4 was released.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by backwardoracle View Post
    Hi,

v7.18 updated with a 'blank' texture to correct for fgu 4.4.4 not respecting the widget setcolor. ( clears the B9 logo showing on npc/player tokens on clients until moved, as now it has a blank texture to use instead. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

So the other option to test, is in the new not-working full campaign... is to go into the db.xml and delete the 3 sections I talked about... This should clear out all the spell token information back to nothing.... then just try and re-import your exported custom configuration. See if that sorts it out.

Spell tokens does not have any options that should cause size to go wrong, and most people probably leave the default options for exact testing. ( ie dont swap to graphics grid/quater based testing. )

If possible, could you attach the custom spell token configuration file. ( I know I'll not have your graphics to go with them... ) But I want to take a look to see if the exported file has anything odd in it. As I don'MySaveFile-B9.xmlt tend to check import/export of the files, past the basic standard ones attached at the top of thread. I'm sure the import/export is just loading/saving a block of the database, I dont remember doing custom logic for import/export. But with your custom file, I'll do a few checks to make sure its not some very odd import/export bug causing the data to get corrupted. ( Even though you reported the db.xml file looked ok.. )

Thanks, Pete
    Just getting back to my campaign creation, having created a new campaign from scratch. I'll let you know how it all goes. I'm attaching the Custom Spell Token .xml for your review. If you see anything odd, I'd love to know.
    I'll update you with any issue from the new clean campaign, if any.

(Update: loaded everything into new campaign and immediately everything works fine. Not sure what that other campaign's problem was... but it seems to have been an outlier, for now.)

GG

MySaveFile-B9.xml
    Last edited by Gawain the Great; October 23rd, 2023 at 20:03.

For reference I've bounced a couple of 'B9_logo' showing and inconsistent rotation bugs with FG devs, and they have quickly issues hotfix releases to fix these issues.

So a big thanks to the devs for sorting out the couple of graphics glitches that had been reported on the 4.4.4 and 4.4.5 fg release relating to spell tokens extension.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

For reference I've bounced a couple of 'B9_logo' showing and inconsistent rotation bugs with FG devs, and they have quickly issues hotfix releases to fix these issues.

So a big thanks to the devs for sorting out the couple of graphics glitches that had been reported on the 4.4.4 and 4.4.5 fg release relating to spell tokens extension.

-pete
    Great news thank you pete for all your hard work, and thank you Smitework Devs for being hot on the fixes.

What Controls the size of the token when placed?
    Notice that when I drop Spirit Guardians it appears to be a bit bigger than it should be
    Only notice as am testing an Auras Extension that shows the 15' circle with a black circle and the token from B9 is a about 5' bigger all around

Quote Originally Posted by mordkhaan View Post
    What Controls the size of the token when placed?
    Notice that when I drop Spirit Guardians it appears to be a bit bigger than it should be
    Only notice as am testing an Auras Extension that shows the 15' circle with a black circle and the token from B9 is a about 5' bigger all around
    If you pull up the tokens list from the b9 icon you will see a 70 and 100 most likely.
    The 70 is pixels per grid square. Increasing that number will make the spell token smaller when placed.

However. Can you tell me what is the diameter in grid squares of the spell token for Spirit Guardian currently?
    Because it should be 35’ ft or 7 grid squares.

Also, AURA ext doesn't show black circles, I believe you are talking about another EXT called COP.

Thread Information