DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 85 of 104 First ... 3575838485868795 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by craigbert View Post
    Hi Pete, that was exactly my issue. Thanks!

One quick follow up: does it matter where the Spell Token XML file lives?

Sincerely,

Craigbert
    nope, but I normally advise to drop them into the install location for FG so they are easy to find. ( or use the 'extensions' folder, or 'modules' folder depending on if you feel like they belong to the extension or the spell graphics module they configure for !! )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Hey there. Wanted to let you know of some strange behavior I'm experiencing.

Ruleset: 5e
    Extensions loaded:
    B9 - Common Core
    B9- Spell Tokens

Behavior: Tokens on a map only increase in size (never decrease) when resizing by holding ctrl + mouse wheel. The token always increases in size and will not decrease regardless of mouse wheel direction. When B9-Spell Tokes is not loaded tokens resize normally.

Actions taken:
    - Deleted the the file from the Vault directory (e66f6712-eef4-11eb-8c52-0050562be458.dat)
    - Deleted all files from Extensions folder and
    - Forced redownload from Forge and DMSGuild

Result: No change in behavior. Tokens on a map only increase in size (never decrease) when resizing by holding ctrl + mouse wheel. The token always increases in size and will not decrease regardless of mouse wheel direction. When B9 - Spell Tokes is not loaded tokens resize normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Vague View Post
    Hey there. Wanted to let you know of some strange behavior I'm experiencing.

Ruleset: 5e
    Extensions loaded:
    B9 - Common Core
    B9- Spell Tokens

Behavior: Tokens on a map only increase in size (never decrease) when resizing by holding ctrl + mouse wheel. The token always increases in size and will not decrease regardless of mouse wheel direction. When B9-Spell Tokes is not loaded tokens resize normally.

Actions taken:
    - Deleted the the file from the Vault directory (e66f6712-eef4-11eb-8c52-0050562be458.dat)
    - Deleted all files from Extensions folder and
    - Forced redownload from Forge and DMSGuild

Result: No change in behavior. Tokens on a map only increase in size (never decrease) when resizing by holding ctrl + mouse wheel. The token always increases in size and will not decrease regardless of mouse wheel direction. When B9 - Spell Tokes is not loaded tokens resize normally.
    This issue popped up after an FGU update earlier in the year. The solution is fairly simple. Just grab the following extension from FGU. It allows you to assign a shortcut key to Scaling and Facing Directions for Tokens:

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/3/view

I have assigned ALT to scaling: i.e., ALT plus Mouse Wheel allows me to size Tokens up and down on any map with any other extensions running. B9 may have another solution, but this one solves the problem and is even a useful extension beyond this issue.
    Last edited by Gawain the Great; May 31st, 2023 at 04:47.

Interesting. My alt + Mouse Wheel changes elevation right now, but I'll grab this and see if I can make it all work.

Thank!

Sure. Let me know how it works for you.

Well done! Turns out just having it installed fixes the issue. Ctrl + mouse wheel does exactly what it's supposed to do. No changes needed, just install and go. Thanks for the suggestion!

FIX CONFIRMED!

Great. Glad it worked! Have a good campaign!

Interesting. My alt + Mouse Wheel changes elevation right now, but I'll grab this and see if I can make it all work.

Thank!
    Yes since 4.3.3 release alt+mouse wheel is now a height amount on the map...

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Well done! Turns out just having it installed fixes the issue. Ctrl + mouse wheel does exactly what it's supposed to do. No changes needed, just install and go. Thanks for the suggestion!

FIX CONFIRMED!
    I checked with just spell tokens extension, and could not replicate this issue.

But feel free to use https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/3/view not sure if its been updated with the alt+mouse shortcut side. And I've never used it so it could have implications on spell tokens that might not notice scale/rotation changes correctly and then not be able to 'select' correct for token selection etc. I'm sure it probably is ok, but I dont know how its interacting with ruleset functions and its load order to know if its working as expected for spell tokens.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

FIX CONFIRMED!
    Just taken a look with the shortcut extension, while it looks like it works... it overrides the spell tokens special controls for <button>+wheel mouse actions... Like linked spells scaling with the player/npc token scale and the ability to fine/coarse rotate.

So I'd recommend, unless you actually want to 'change' the key bindings, that you dont use the custom shortcut extension.

We should look into why I can not replicate the issue with the negative scaling you are having.

Thanks, Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information